Subject: Feed-back: excellent service in a bad situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGregor Historic Games is a firm whose clientele is primarily collectors, whereas I am a gamer. Most of their merchandiseI can't afford and would not be inclined to buy if I couldsimply because such things are not generally my cup of tea.

Nevertheless, they offer the only set for Ringo I have seen and a tafl set designed for Fidhchell-- which can as well be used for Gwyddbwyll, Brandubh and Ard Ri-- which again seems in my experience to be unqiue. These are the firm's cloth games which I still regard as expensive for what they are but yet which are within the realm I would consider acceptable. Since they offer a discount for buying three together, I decided to purchase a nice set for Nine Men's Morris as well. The order was smoothely processed and promptly sent out with due notification to me of that effect.

Unfortunately the Postal Service in my country is notorious for losing packages. The firm's usual shipping method does not include a tracking number which I imagine is most often not a problem. When I realized this was the case (since I asked for such a number and an estimate of delivery time), I merely replied that in future I would strongly recommend shipping here only with tracking; the estimate they could not give because I was their first Israeli customer. So, I knew from my own experience howlong the shipment ought take and waited. The normal time passed and double while I tried to make enquiries here to find what was become of the items. To my knowledge, they are forever lost in Postal limbo.

Yet, without my hinting, MacGregor Games kindly volunteered to resend the items at their expense. I naturally said this is but inviting the same issue unless atracking number were used and offered to pay the difference. Even amidst the hassle of December which this company islikely undergoing, this beign the busiest season for most such businesses in the US and similar parts of the world, the customer service was polite, swift generally to reply and politely dealt with this in the best manner I could imagine. Sadly, the cost of tracked shipping of the items here turned out to be prohibitive and so the company offered-- again without my asking-- a full refund.

Credit should be given where it is due. I am a poor little guy whose business would have been a one time thing representing a miniscule fraction of what their usual clientele pays. Yet i was treated with the full courtesy of a customer buying game-related art-style furniture.

Kol hakavod l'hem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.