Subject: XY vs. XX: Missing a Leg in the Race Against Women rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendy Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Men against women, that’s how we always play now. We’ve tried to play in couples, but then the whole alpha dog thing ensues and the men get so competitive with each other they forget we are even playing. Besides, it is so much easier to win when I play on a team with my beautiful girlfriends. We know where our strengths are and we aren’t afraid to use them.

Each team pulls their favorite playing piece from the box. The new dress up clothes for the playing pieces in the WOW edition just adds to the fun. We pick the pink one wearing pearls of course and dress her up with the jaunty black hat. The men playfully call us out to the challenge and engage our playing pieces in obscene acts--as if that will help their play.

It is a good game. We are neck and neck and racing to the inner-brain section of the board. It is our turn Jen grabs the die and rolls. We watch hopefully as the die skips across the table coming to rest on green, Star Performer, our strongest category. One of the men pulls the card from the box, reads it, and begins howling wildly. The men pass the card amongst themselves and begin the taunting of the impossible task ahead. They try to convince us that the card is impossible. They think it intimidates us--what they don’t know is that we are fiercely stubborn and their taunting provides us with powerful fuel.

It's a Cameo (charades)--a category only Carey and I attempt for our team. We don’t let our other teammate, Jen, attempt charades anymore. She tried to act out “kindergarten teacher” once during a game and we were thoroughly convinced she was a dominatrix. Either she is not clear on charades or she had a terrible experience in kindergarten. No matter what the case neither one is good for the game.

Carey gives a deep sigh and I am worried the men are right: it is a tough card. The men sense her weakness. “Your hint is it's an action. GO!” One of them flips the timer hard on the table. They are certain their fierce competitive nature and harsh time demands will unnerve her. They are wrong, very wrong.

Carey gives Jen and I a knowing little smile and states matter-of-factly, “I got this. Just stay with me.” We watch Carey’s every move as she walks calmly over to the couch, reclines on her back, knees up, and sighs heavily. She convinces us all that whatever she is about to receive it is going to be good. She casually leans over as if retrieving something from an imaginary bedside table, throws her head back, touches her thigh, and appears surprisingly very relaxed.

The men are speechless. They can’t muster the words to make a guess or maybe they don’t want to guess for fear the performance will end too soon. My team sees it differently. Carey is doing this for us, not for them. Our minds race. What word could it be? This is a family game after all... pleasure... climax... masturbate, that IS an action, but, no, it can’t be, not in this game. The sand is moving quickly through the timer--vibrator... vibrate--“Yes! Yes! YES!!!” Shouts Carey rising up off the couch satisfied with our success as the final grains of sand slip through the timer. Meanwhile, the men slump over the table in defeat as the women bask in the glory of both the victory and the performance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Cranium never really clicked with me, but this is making me reconsider trading my copy away! This is hilarious! Great report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.