Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a deal fails and the attacker has only 1 ship involved, do they still lose a total of 3 ships?

2. Can you give a home planet colony as part of negotiations?

3. If an opponent has a colony on one of your planet, the only way to put ships there again is to attack your own planet, correct? Will there ever be a case where they can have a colony on one of your worlds and you could also have ships there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes - because in a deal all ships return to other bases, and then negotiations begin.

2. If I understand you to be asking if you can offer a base on yellow's system to yellow if they don't have ships there, I believe so - wouldn't see any reason to prohibit it.

3. As part of a deal, other than that, I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. When a deal fails, you lose three ships from wherever. In fact, the first thing you do before negotiating is all the allies' and attacker's ships go home.
2. Do you mean a colony on one of the planets of your color? Yes, of course.
3. Of course you could both have a colony there. If you don't have a colony there, then yes, you need to attack to put ships there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say the game is first starting and you get attacked and there is a negotiation. Could you negotiate for the opponent to colonize one of your home systems?

Could you also negotiate for your opponent to colonize on one of your foreign colonies?

Once you lose one of your home system colonies, the only way to get it back is by attacking your own system, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chapman
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Specifically, you can only offer a base on a planet where you have ships.

You cannot offer a base somewhere you do not have any ships, even if it's in your home system.

If your opponent gains a base in this manner, your base doesn't go away. You co-exist. (Assuming neither of you is Filth, but that power isn't in this set. Yet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, and yes.
Remember, when you grant a player a colony during a negotiation, you don't lose your colony there. The two (or more) colonies coexist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse your rapid typing, John and David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
For case 3, you could have a situation where you have lost a home planet, and there are two opposing forces on it. Then you attack one of those two forces and kick that one off - retaking a home base. There are also a variety of situations involving negotiations (some pointed out above) that can lead to both you and an opponent having ships on one of your home planets. That is without even taking into account what any of the individual powers or flares can do.

(Based on previous editions - though I don't expect there have been any rule changes which would invalidate the above.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Weage wrote:
For case 3, you could have a situation where you have lost a home planet, and there are two opposing forces on it. Then you attack one of those two forces and kick that one off - retaking a home base. There are also a variety of situations involving negotiations (some pointed out above) that can lead to both you and an opponent having ships on one of your home planets. That is without even taking into account what any of the individual powers or flares can do.

(Based on previous editions - though I don't expect there have been any rule changes which would invalidate the above.)

So, if there are 2 foreign colonies on your home base and you attack one and win, that is enough to re-establish a colony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
B Weage wrote:

So, if there are 2 foreign colonies on your home base and you attack one and win, that is enough to re-establish a colony?

Yes. To have a colony, you only need to have a single one of your ships there, regardless of who else is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.