Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Landlord!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can the politics card be played on the same turn that someone is sent to jail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Goldstein
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the politics card cannot be used as an alibi but they also say that the card can be played during one's turn to get out of jail. So, we had the following situation in our game tonight:

1. A player bombed my building.
2. I played the police.
3. She had no defense so she went to jail.
4. She immediately played her politics card to get out of jail since it was still her turn.
5. She continued with other actions and then collected rent.

It doesn't seem like she should have been able to get out of jail so quickly but the rules don't seem to prevent it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spam box
Canada
flag msg tools
since the rules dont suggest a players turn ends when shes sent to jail id say your friend played correctly. think of it like diplomatic immunity.

interesting to note the difference between this card played as such and an alibi card is that an already jailed player would be released by a new player occupying his cell (however briefly) in a bomb/murder - police - jail - politics action & response sequence but wouldnt in a bomb/murder - police - alibi exchange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Goldstein
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spam box, thanks for the response (which I just noticed). As it turns out, we haven't played Landlord again since then so the point may be moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly four years after the question was first asked, we encountered this exact scenario last night. So I'm glad this thread already existed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.