Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh*

My sneaky rule-lawyering heroes are of the opinion that the items that allow you to save damage (cloaks from the base game) allow the save roll any time a hero has taken damage, even if it is damage that ignores armor.

Their argument is that it ignores the armor value, which is called "armor" as well, unfortunately. So this makes for a sticky situation due to unclear rules. I think the intent of the "ignoring armor" statement is "instant wounds", but agreed the wording was muddy and allowed a 50/50 chance that they got to apply the save (grudgingly).

Post-game of course I checked rule FAQs but found nothing. Any help?

Does "ignore armor" ignore the entire armor or the value that happens to be labeled "armor" as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just armor value (the number). There is another thread on this somewhere. Other effects of armor still work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A previous thread on this topic:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/306797

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Score one for the lawyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.