Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Lehnardt
France
Benfeld
Alsace
flag msg tools
hello,

I wonder if someone already tried to play this game with 5 players. Excepted the material what could hamper this goal?
You should have however to fasten the game with lower end game conditions.
Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
FrenchCrusader wrote:
hello,

I wonder if someone already tried to play this game with 5 players. Excepted the material what could hamper this goal?
You should have however to fasten the game with lower end game conditions.
Thank you,

The problem with 5 would be the market. Everything would be much more expensive with an extra person putting their coins out. Since you are on a fixed income, that means everyone buys less every round and the game would take longer.

There are always extra market strips, I suppose if you didn't mind not having them all within the board, you could just put an extra of each strip out and try it that way, but then you'd have to leave all of them out of the board so orthagonal was obvious. You mentioned the player boards and such aren't there. I also wonder if there are enough coins to support 5 people getting 14 each time, but you could sub in if necessary.

Personally I think 5 would take it out of its sweet spot, but I typically prefer fewer players, so that's most likely just me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.