Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week we'll be heading up to the Montreal area for holiday visits and I wanted to get a game for my grandmother-in-law. While I'd be quite happy to go into Montreal and go to Le Valet, it isn't going to fit into our schedule.

I'm hoping that there would be some kind of game store that is on the south shore, something before we get to the bridges that cross over into Montreal. She lives in Chambly, and we pass through Saint Jean sur Richelieu from Vermont. We can keep heading west, we just don't want to cross the river and head into the city.

It doesn't have to be a hard core game store, it could be one of those more fluffy mall stores. The main thing is that the game needs to be in french, and it has to be light yet still require some thought to play and good with three players.

On out last trip my wife's grandmother decided to pull out a game so that we could all participate in something together, despite language barriers. She pulled out Chutes and Ladders. I appreciated the sentiment, but the two hours we played of pure roll and move chaos was ultimately worse than simply sitting there as people talked all around me in french.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know this region that well. The only store I could find is the Draconome in Saint-Jean. Never visited it 'though and they don't seem to have a dedicated web site. Good luck.

http://www.canpages.ca/page/QC/saint-jean-sur-richelieu/drac...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.