Subject: Cured diseases and Outbreak question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If an Outbreak occurs and causes a disease counter to be added to a city with no diseases currently on it and the disease is cured do you add a counter?

Here is my assumptions on the rules:
If a disease is cured you do not add disease cubes of that color to a city that currently does not have any of that cubes color on it's space. If a city does already have a cube of that color then if you draw an infection card of that color it adds cubes to that city.

Scenario:
City A has 3 blue cubes on it.
The blue disease has been cured (vial symbol is on the blue disease space on the board)
Player 1 draws an infection card that says to place a blue cube on City A. City A has an Outbreak since it has gone over three blue cubes. City B and City C are joined to City A. City B has one blue cube on it and City C has none. My assumption is due to the Outbreak you add a blue cube to City B since it already has a blue cube on it. What I am not sure about is do you add a blue cube to City C since it has no blue cubes on it. Since the disease is cured you are adding a cured disease cube to a city that currently has none of that disease. My assumption is you still add a cube since it is the effect of the Outbreak "spilling over" to a neighbor city but the rules are not very clear on it.

Thanks,
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you only stop placing cubes if the disease is eradicated - otherwise, ALWAYS place the cubes - even if the diseased is cured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I went back and read the rules and I think you are correct. I had mistaken eradicated and cured. When I read it again it said do not add a cube to a city for a disease that has been eradicated. For some reason I thought it said somewhere do not add a cube for a cured disease to a city that had no cubes but I could not find the rule.

- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, from my understanding, curing a disease does not affect the placement of cubes until the disease is eradicated. It is easier to remove cubes of a cured disease than those of one not yet cured, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.