New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When the Robot picks a phase (like Explore) that I do not pick, do I also get to participate?

2. If I choose Develop, Settle, or Produce, I assume I receive the normal bonuses (-1 Cost for Developments, +1 Card for settling a World, etc). I assume this is the case even though I'm not playing with the Action Cards?

Thanks!

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2 Solitaire Questions
Yes and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, very first game I played, I didn't play the actions the Robot picked for me. Then I realized that that seemed completely not fair and came over here to verify. It's hard enough when you get the rules right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i also play the same way as you did before marc, but i think this robot is tries to simulate an opponent, so logically, if my action was responsed by a robot then his action should also be responsed by me, but i've tried to look up at the official rulebook, just can't find anything about this.

but thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Under Play on page 5, it states that the player picks actions "normally" but marks them on the chart with chits instead of using action cards; thus, the player does get bonuses for the actions that the player picks.

Under Play, it also states that the player marks his action selections, the dice are rolled and placed to mark the robot action selections, and then to:

"3. Resolve actions for *each selected phase*, from left to right, player first." (emphasis added)

So, yes, the player gets to act on phases selected by the robot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Under Play on page 5, it states that the player picks actions "normally" but marks them on the chart with chits instead of using action cards; thus, the player does get bonuses for the actions that the player picks.

Under Play, it also states that the player marks his action selections, the dice are rolled and placed to mark the robot action selections, and then to:

"3. Resolve actions for *each selected phase*, from left to right, player first." (emphasis added)

So, yes, the player gets to act on phases selected by the robot.

Thanks for clarifying this. I kind of had the general feeling that the rules allow me to play the phases that the robot rolls for that I didn't pick, but the rules seemed a little vague to me related to this. It wasn't until I got completely frustrated by getting my butt kicked 40-25 by the stupid robot five games in a row that I realized that without me taking the robot actions, the robot is at an obscense advantage over me.

I finished my last game halfway through playing it the correct way. The score was slightly closer - 38 to 25. The robot is still kicking my butt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't play the robot, Chris. I'll teach ya. We should get together some time before next BOGA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason that action "cards" are used in the vs. human version is to facilitate simultaneous selection. Thus they are not used in the solo game (a couple of chits are easier to handle than a pile of cards), but functionally action selection by placing the chits is entirely the same as playing the action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.