Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Kumpf
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When referring to Hard Braking, unless I'm using the Custom Car Building rules I'm unable to break more than 2 spaces, correct? As in would it cost me 3 Break WP to stop 3 spaces less than my roll but since the default Formula One cars have a default Break WP of 3, the third space would cause me to lose all of my Break WP and be eliminated, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can in fact spend all 3 brake WP and still drive on. a car can be driven without brakes, but you will be unable to brake should you end up in a blocking situation again, and you will in that case be eliminated.Also without brake WPs left you will be unable to skip 2 or 3 gears down as you use brake WP for that.
This is what happen when you lose your last WP in the different category.
Tire: spin
Gear: unable to skip gears when gearing down.
brake: unable to skip two gears when gearing down. Unable to brake if blocked.
Engine,body,suspention: eliminated.

Hope that was an answer for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: the rules note that for heavy braking to avoid a collision you first bleed off 3 brake WP, followed by up to 3 tire WP. So, if you've already lost say 3 brake WP in earlier actions, can you use up to 3 tire WP to effectively avoid a collision (but not simply to brake to avoid moving)? I would think so, but am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have spent all your brake WP and find yourself in a blocking situation you will unfortunately be eliminated since you don`t have brakes left. Spending Tire WP don`t reduce your movement so you can`t spend tire WP to avoid collision/blocking.

Hope that answered your question.

Happy new year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my confusion is because the rules say that I can spend up to 6 WPs to avoid a collision (3 brake WPs followed by 3 tire WPs). What isn't clear is whether the expenditure of the tire WPs can only occur immediately after using brake WPs for the same braking maneuver, or whether one could use tire WPs alone at a later time once the brake WPs have been used up. But it sounds like the tire WPs can only be used in conjunction with brake WPs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.