Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: You know its an addiction when.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lack of chit chat. How/when did you realize you had a problem.

But it isn't a problem, now is it? Nope. We're family.

d10-1 You are on vacation, and your mom walks by and comments/notices that the site is still down as you sigh -- again -- after checking the site -- again.
d10-2 There is a fire in the back yard across the 'pond' in the trees and as you stand there with your camera think how awesome it would be to share it with chit chat. (which i will show, once i can use my own computer and the internet. so friday. pictures of fire
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even going out shopping doesn't cheer you up. And 5 minutes after you get home your husband asks if your boardgamegeek is up yet.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You stay home all day long so you can make sure to be there immediately when it comes back up.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You try to thumb every witty comment on BGG Down. And then get ffrustrated when you can't!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a problem. The spiders are gone now.

*thumbs post*

Oh yeah... that's the stuff.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you bought a game the night the site went down, and that was the biggest problem for the next two days, no matter how horrible your actual days were the first thing you say when someone asks you whats wrong is "I cant add a game to my collection because the site is down."
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
When you bought a game the night the site went down, and that was the biggest problem for the next two days, no matter how horrible your actual days were the first thing you say when someone asks you whats wrong is "I cant add a game to my collection because the site is down."


It's like you don't really own it yet.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moss
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up two old games at the GoodWill, Uncle Wiggly and Speed Circuit, not exactly exciting and it still drove me nuts I couldn't add them to my collection.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I whined about BGG being down in other chat rooms and kept checking back about every 10-30 minutes all day from Sun eve til about 11:30pm Tues eve to see if BGG was live. I cried, I wept. I bought a stupid $19.99 video game on msn, got really bored. Told the cat things I would normally talk about in chit chat. Tried to be witty. Cat ignored me. I ignored the cat. Tried to sleep. Got back up and looked at the website again. Gave up hope and went back to bed.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
When you bought a game the night the site went down, and that was the biggest problem for the next two days, no matter how horrible your actual days were the first thing you say when someone asks you whats wrong is "I cant add a game to my collection because the site is down."


It's like you don't really own it yet.


Aint that the truth!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismcat wrote:
Told the cat things I would normally talk about in chit chat. Tried to be witty. Cat ignored me. I ignored the cat.


Did you try thumbing the cat?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismcat wrote:
I whined about BGG being down in other chat rooms and kept checking back about every 10-30 minutes all day from Sun eve til about 11:30pm Tues eve to see if BGG was live. I cried, I wept. I bought a stupid $19.99 video game on msn, got really bored. Told the cat things I would normally talk about in chit chat. Tried to be witty. Cat ignored me. I ignored the cat. Tried to sleep. Got back up and looked at the website again. Gave up hope and went back to bed.


That damn cat is so stingy with his thumbs.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
Prismcat wrote:
I whined about BGG being down in other chat rooms and kept checking back about every 10-30 minutes all day from Sun eve til about 11:30pm Tues eve to see if BGG was live. I cried, I wept. I bought a stupid $19.99 video game on msn, got really bored. Told the cat things I would normally talk about in chit chat. Tried to be witty. Cat ignored me. I ignored the cat. Tried to sleep. Got back up and looked at the website again. Gave up hope and went back to bed.


That damn cat is so stingy with his thumbs.


If only they had them to give!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Jatoha wrote:
Prismcat wrote:
I whined about BGG being down in other chat rooms and kept checking back about every 10-30 minutes all day from Sun eve til about 11:30pm Tues eve to see if BGG was live. I cried, I wept. I bought a stupid $19.99 video game on msn, got really bored. Told the cat things I would normally talk about in chit chat. Tried to be witty. Cat ignored me. I ignored the cat. Tried to sleep. Got back up and looked at the website again. Gave up hope and went back to bed.


That damn cat is so stingy with his thumbs.


If only they had them to give!

A roommate of mine had a cat with extra toes that looked like thumbs. Every now and then I'd catch him wearing a leather jacket and doing an impression of the Fonz.

The roommate or the cat??
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.