Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading some of these posts, I believe we may have played wrong. But, it never hurts to ask just to be certain.

We played our introductory game last night, and things were going alright. (except that my wife only had 20 hit points left) when we came to encounter #6. It was Hate. The card says:

Each player secretly discards a card from their hand. HATE has life points equal to the total Attack Value of all the discarded cards (X). If the total is 0, the Encounter is over with no Prestige awarded. If not, the player who discarded teh hightest card becomes Player 1 for the first round.

We were playing 3 player game. In the matrix portion of the card it said "Attacks Player #1 for (X) points."

So... because of the wording. We assumed that the player who discarded the highest damage would get attacked the 1st round. (as well as getting 1st chance to kill.) So we treaded cautiously. My wife played a feint. My child & I both played a 5. which gave him a total of 10 points. But the question we had was "Who got hit/got to go 1st?" We played whoever had the highest "real" initiative. (which happened to be me.)

So my original question was "who gets hit in case of a tie?"

but now I am wondering, were we playing wrong? Does nobody get hit by HATE in the 1st round? I see it being nasty either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played wrong.

When ANY creature hits on a "Player #? gets hit" that is determined at the initiative phase of the NEXT round. So you determine the hit points for HATE as you did...then the highest player goes first in round 1. Then when you shuffle and deal out the cards for round 2, whoever gets #1 takes the hit!

(this assumes of course HATE survives the first round)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Shepherd
England
Barnard Castle
County Durham
flag msg tools
No, idiot! Ask me something less Hitchhiker's Guide, dork!
badge
We're gonna get our asses kicked. We didn't have a breakfast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the two players who played the 5 attacks would both be hit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one gets hit in the first round of combat. You always get a round of attacks before the creature attacks (unless specifically stated otherwise on the Encounter, which hate does not do)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.