Subject: Anybody live in LA's South Bay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Kulp
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
I live in San Pedro. My stupid wargaming buddy moved away, and now I've actually been forced to buy Scattegories and Apples to Apples because all I have left are non-gaming friends!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must.... play.... Europe Engulfed.... soon....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out www.socalgamers.info for details on lots of local events and people who will be happy to join you in a game of Europe Engulfed. There are a lot of wargamers in the group.

Better yet, come to Strategicon in February and meet the bulk of the LA gaming community (www.strategicon.net).

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're in luck.
The Random Wargamers meets at various venues around the South Bay (most recently El Segundo Library and Manhattan beach Armory.

The next meeting is Saturday, January 3rd at the El Segundo Library Friends of the Library Meeting Room at 111 W. Mariposa Avenue.

ps....some of us play Euros there as well

edit:
Oh, and there's a yahoo group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/randomwargamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in the South Bay and started a Long Beach game club. We try to meet every month.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lbcgamers/

I'm also looking for someone local to play my wargame collection with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Santa Monica and will play a game of EE this weekend if you want to get together...

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Long Beach and would be really interested in getting a combined AE/EE game together, as well as playing other wargmes. So drop me a line!

Also, Mike are you doing any more playtesting for Storm Europa, or is that finished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably going to TRW on Saturday and can bring EE if you want to play.

I am still playtesting Sturm Europa!. I haven't really had much time to focus on the design though because I've been busy with life and what not. What little time I have had has been focused more on the production details with the publisher. Not sure if you heard, but it's been picked up by Academy Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kulp
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
Thanks everybody!

I hadn't planned on any specific game of EE coming up; I just need to find wargamers of similar mindset to replace my friend. I may go to TRW meeting or IM some of y'all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent you an e-mail through BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:

Better yet, come to Strategicon in February and meet the bulk of the LA gaming community (www.strategicon.net).

There are plans to once again have the "Wargame Boot Camp," where several wargames will be made available for demos. It's a great opportunity to find other Southland wargamers and try one or two of those titles that have eluded you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.