Re:Struggle of Empires and Age of Mythology
Biggest similarity is that they both come in a box. Otherwise: Huh??
1. Menu of choices is similar
2. Different paths to victory
3. Luck heavy combat that can be mitigated
4. Restrictions on direct attack on other players
5. Resource management
6. Asymmetric starting positions
7. Only 30 actions per game that must be spent carefully
8. Similarities between some of the tiles in SoE and buildings in AoM (e.g. being able to buy victory points)
Why do you see the games as having nothing in common?