Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a link to a checklist or something similar that would tell me what box/booster pack each plane came in?

For example, I know that 10 of the 12 planes in series one came with Famous Aces, but what about the other two? And how about series 2 and 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who told you about the "10 out of 12?"

Without taking a closer look, I'd say all the Series 1 came out of FA. The only 2 possible planes that might not have are the non-Von Richt. Dr1s (Rahn, Kempf) which could have come out of Recon Patrol- a booster pack-- (but I don't think they did.) There has been no other source of Spads, Camels, or Alb DVs.

Series 2-- the DH4s come out of Watch Your Back, the Rolands came out of Recon Patrol, and the D7s and Snipes all came out of booster pack "Top Fighters."

Series 3-- the Nieuports and Alb D3s all come out of Burning Drachens. Ufags from Watch Your Back, and Re8/Harry Tates from Recon Patrol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect checklist, Kevin!

Yes, all Series 1 minis come from Famous Aces.

In general, every miniature comes from some cards-only box or booster. In the near future, something new could appear just in miniature form. In the Balloon Boosters kit, you will find balloons taken from Burning Drachens and a Nieuport Ni.16 that will be just done for the kit - no Ni.16 was released before. In WW2 Series 1, all planes come from Dawn of War anmd the first two boosters, but there are three A6M2 Reisen while DoW included two of them, so the third one is a new one - the color scheme is new, the plane model is not.

All the best!

Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,
here is a list I have going that shows each plane and the series they come from;

WoW Miniatures Series I
(Famous Aces)
Number Aircraft
WOW107A Spad XIII (Baracca)
WOW107B Spad XIII (Fonck)
WOW107C Spad XIII (Rickenbaker)
WOW108A Sopwith Camel (Barker)
WOW108B Sopwith Camel (Elwood)
WOW108C Sopwith Camel (Olieslager)
WOW109A Albatros D.Va (Udet)
WOW109B Albatros D.Va (Weber)
WOW109C Albatros D.Va (Jentsch)
WOW110A Fokker DR I (von Richthofen)
WOW110B Fokker DR I (Kempf)
WOW110C Fokker DR I (Rahn)

WoW Miniatures Series II
(Watch Your Back, Top Fighters & Recon Patrol)
Number Aircraft
WOW112A Fokker DVII (Goring)
WOW112B Fokker DVII (Schafer)
WOW112C Fokker DVII (Udet)
WOW113A Sopwith Snipe (Barker)
WOW113B Sopwith Snipe (Baker)
WOW113C Sopwith Snipe (Ryrie)
WOW114A LFG Roland CII (M. Von Richtofen)
WOW114B LFG Roland CII (Seibert & Pfleger)
WOW114C LFG Roland CII (Luftstreitskrafte)
WOW115A De Havilland D.H. 4 (Cadbury & Leckie)
WOW115B AIRCO D.H. 4 (American Expeditionary Force)
WOW116C De Havilland D.H. 4 (Atkey)

WoW Miniatures Series III
(Burning Drachen, Watch Your Back & Recon Patrol)
Number Aircraft
WOW122A NIEUPORT 17 (LUFBERY/THENAULT)
WOW122B NIEUPORT 17 (NUNGESSER)
WOW122C NIEUPORT 23 (KIBANOV)
WOW123A ALBATROS D.III (BRUMOWSKI)
WOW123B ALBATROS D.III (HAUTZMAYER)
WOW123C ALBATROS D.III (VOSS)
WOW124A UFAG C.I (FLICK 23/D)
WOW124B UFAG C.I (LUFTFAHRTRUPPEN 1)
WOW124C UFAG C.I (LUFTFAHRTRUPPEN 2)
WOW125A RAF R.E. 8 (LONGTON & CARSON)
WOW125B RAF R.E. 8 (FERGUSON & FRY)
WOW125C RAF R.E. 8 (AVIATION MILITAIRE)

List Corrected:
Sceries 2; (01 Jan 2009)
Per Ted = "Also, the DH4 was in WYB."

Series 1; (13 Jan 2009)
Per Andrea = "The beige one is Baracca's. Actually, the DeLuxe set contains the A codes for each model of Series 1, and thus:"
WOW107A Spad XIII Francesco Baracca

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the Balloon Boosters kit, you will find balloons taken from Burning Drachens and a Nieuport Ni.16 that will be just done for the kit - no Ni.16 was released before

Thanks for confirming-- I was pretty sure we did not have a Ni16 in WyB.

Now that Series 3 is 'landing' in the U.S., do can you give us any updates on expected schedule for--

1. Balloon Busters
2. The "bomber" game (that I believe is cards only- not miniatures). Also, is this going to be a "box" or a "booster" pack?

Can you confirm what planes will be in Series 4? I've heard 2 different possible directions?

I'd love to hear if you have any insights into "new" planes in the pipeline-- planes we do not have yet.

thanks for all- happy new year, Nexus and friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, this is going to sound silly and a little "off topic" - but I just buy the miniatures to play Canvas Eagles. Do the games from Fantasy Flight come with miniatures as well or just the maneuver cards? (If they come with miniatures - buying the game would be a more cost effective way to get the minis!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Who told you about the "10 out of 12?"

That was my mistake. I looked through my box and couldn't find two of the planes from series 1. I went back this morning to double-check and found them, so I don't know how I missed it the first time around.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:

WoW Miniatures Series II
(Top Fighters & Recon Patrol)

Also, the DH4 was in WYB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like kduke said it was.

Sweeny, I don't quite understand your question. Do you mean "loose" miniatures for Canvas E or is someone selling a box somewhere?

In answer to your question the WoW minies all include the maneuver deck for that plane. The 'boxes' of game are just maneuver decks, damage decks, control panels, counters, rulers, and a lot of other things that are useful for miniatures as well as the 'minies' version.

There is some combination of these ingredients in a product called "Deluxe WoW," which has 4 minies and a bunch of the other stuff needed to play. Deluxe does sound like a great starting point for someone just coming into the game who really just wants to play with miniatures. unfortunately, it seems FFG did not want to carry Deluxe in the US and Nexus had no choice. That's what I've read anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
Like kduke said it was.

Sweeny, I don't quite understand your question. Do you mean "loose" miniatures for Canvas E or is someone selling a box somewhere?

In answer to your question the WoW minies all include the maneuver deck for that plane. The 'boxes' of game are just maneuver decks, damage decks, control panels, counters, rulers, and a lot of other things that are useful for miniatures as well as the 'minies' version.

There is some combination of these ingredients in a product called "Deluxe WoW," which has 4 minies and a bunch of the other stuff needed to play. Deluxe does sound like a great starting point for someone just coming into the game who really just wants to play with miniatures. unfortunately, it seems FFG did not want to carry Deluxe in the US and Nexus had no choice. That's what I've read anyway.

I buy the WoW miniatures individually and then sell the unneeded maneuver decks (usually on eBay). I needed to know if the boxed games come with miniatures and maneuver decks or just maneuver decks? Because, if they come with miniatures as well - it might be more cost effective for me (and others) to buy the boxed games instead of the individual mini packs. Since, they do not.... Sorry for the confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, so you never play WoW yourself?

Interesting.

I've played Blue Max and like the graphics upgrade (and extra planes) that Canvas Eagles brought to the system. In fact, I did the whole nine yards, with all the planes downloaded, different colored paper used for "early/late Germans" and "Early/late Allies" (4 diff colors overall). All charts in sheet protectors and dry erase markers, with multiple sheets for the more common planes likely to have more than one in a game... I enjoyed it a lot...until WoW came out. Since then, I found myself doing WoW more and more frequently and finally gave up the CE stuff. It is a much easier game to bring newcomers into and has a lot less problems with "illegal" moves that BM/CE does. Still, I know folks who have regular gaming groups who are mostly veteran players and can see how the draw would be there.

It is interesting how each game has 'fudged' certain things-- On those lightly engined planes (Nieuport 17, Hanroit, Sop Tripe) which occasionally had 2 guns instead of one, CE puts a little bit of movement detriment in to reflect the loss of performance adding the extra weight involves, where WoW just ignores it. On the other hand, BM/CE have things like the Se5 and Pfalz D12 using exactly the same maneuver sheet-- where they got that idea I've never been able to guess, since the Pfalz was at least 20mph slower than the Se5. WoW has some shared maneuver decks as well, but I don't recall one that is as "off" as that... and WoW rightfully makes the SS D1 (copy of the N-17) use a much slower deck than the N-17 (since it was a lot heavier and maybe weaker engined). Both games have some good elements. I appreciate that BM/CE reflects the disadvantages of the Lewis gun, compared to belt fed weapons. We still don't capture that in WoW.

Anyway, thanks for the post and enjoy the wind in the wires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
tedman wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

WoW Miniatures Series II
(Top Fighters & Recon Patrol)

Also, the DH4 was in WYB.

Thanks, you are correct! I'll update...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
WoW Miniatures Series I
(Famous Aces)
Number Aircraft
WOW107B Spad XIII (Fonck)

Is this Francesco Baracca's plane? I'm trying to match my collection to your listing...

The Spad in question is beige & came with the "Deluxe Set."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The SPADs are:

WOW107B Spad XIII René Paul Fonck
WOW107C Spad XIII Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

The beige one is Baracca's. Actually, the DeLuxe set contains the A codes for each model of Series 1, and thus:

WOW108A Sopwith Camel William George Barker
WOW109A Albatros D.Va Ernst Udet
WOW110A Fokker Dr.I Manfred von Richthofen

Happy gaming!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
The beige one is Baracca's. Actually, the DeLuxe set contains the A codes for each model of Series 1, and thus:

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RicochetRita wrote:
angiolillo wrote:

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification!

RicichetRita, sorry for the mistake! Don't know where this came from.

Andrea, as always, thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow!

Entry has been corrected.
Jim P soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.