5 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spring Deployment to Calais rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallagher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can England SD to Calais with a French fleet in Brest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, because Calais is on both the Channel and North Sea. Since Brest on is adjacent to the Channel, the English deployment would use the North Sea to get to Calais.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming there are no Hapsburg ships in Antwerp!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the trick with both Fr ship in Brest/Rouen and Haps ship in Antwerp/Amsterdam, is to ally with one and get them to loan you the fleet...heh heh. Otherwise, it's tough to lose that SD. Although, the Spring Preparations card is always handy in this situation too!

And if the Haps won't loan you the fleet, maybe it's time to go and take it out! You know, if he's being unreasonable and all.
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I thought, but someone brought this up as an issue in a game he was playing. It was presumed that a fleet presence adjacent to either sea zone would stop the deployment.
This would have changed the dynamics of the game dramatically.

However for the cost of a fleet in Antwerp the Haps can prevent English spring deployment regardless of alliance status (allied, neutral, or at war).
Sounds like a bargaining chip to me.

Mike G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.