Subject: Where is BGG located? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Robins
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My last post was posted at 10:55pm by my local time (Pacific Standard Time - GMT-8) but showed up as 6:55am the following morning. Also my contribution made in 2008 was credited to 2009 (and I miss out on the orange background for the patron badge).

I thought BGG headquarters (I'm picturing something like the set of 24) was located in Texas or New Mexico. I have no idea why I got that idea. Neither of those states are more than 2 time zones from Portland. Now, I'm picturing the Azores. Where is BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Robins
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I miscounted on my globe. It appears not to be in the Azores. GMT makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably need to reset your time zone in your account. Mouse over my geek, than hit account. Go to settings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Robins
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I changed my time zone, but everything remains the same. Maybe it's a game within BGG - navigate the site with a skewed reference frame of time. It's like I never went to sleep, but it's already 7:30 am. Extraordinary. Maybe I need to get a set of clocks like they have in the movies, only mine would say: Portland, BGG, Lost, Twin Paradox time ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our hearts, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Ampere wrote:
I changed my time zone, but everything remains the same. Maybe it's a game within BGG - navigate the site with a skewed reference frame of time. It's like I never went to sleep, but it's already 7:30 am. Extraordinary. Maybe I need to get a set of clocks like they have in the movies, only mine would say: Portland, BGG, Lost, Twin Paradox time ...
laugh I have a "BGG Time" clock on the desktop of my computer at home! I do that because although forum posts show up in local time, some other areas of BGG (like GeekLists) still show BGG time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.