Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: A player in the Brig is given an Executive Order.

1) If the Brig skill check is passed on the first attempt, what happens?

---A) The player moves out of the Brig to any other action space and then may take a second action on that new space (the movement was provided by the Brig action, not the Executive Order.)
OR?
---B) The player moves out of the Brig to any space but does not get a second action because he/she has moved (the EO card is non-specific about how, why, or when the movement occurs, so any movement at all prevents the second action).

2) If the skill check is not passed on the first attempt, can the player immediately make another attempt using the second action provided by the EO card?

I’m assuming this is a "yes", which would make it useful for getting a player out before their turn begins or as a way to trick the humans into burning a whole bunch of extra cards on multiple attempts.

-----------------------
For reference:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems quite clear to me that movement out of the brig is part of the action taken in the brig. Normally you move before you perform an action, so during ordinary turn sequence one would not be able to do a regular move after initiating the brig skill check (fortunately, passing the skill check moves you). It should be just the same if an executive order action is used to initiate the skill check.

And, I see no problem with using the Brig action more than once in a turn. As far as I know, you could do the same thing with any other location action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play it this way:

Starbuck is in the brig. Another player plays an Executive Order on her. She cannot choose the "move character and then take one action" since she can't move until she gets out of the brig. Therefore, if she accepts the Executive Order, she can only use the "not move and take 2 actions" choice.

Action 1 - Starbuck activates The Brig location

Now, one of two things happen: either the skill check passes or not.

If the skill check fails, Starbuck can use Action 2 to activate the Brig location to attempt to get out again.

If the skill check passes, Starbuck chooses any location and is placed there (as per the Brig location's instructions). She then can use Action 2 to activate that new location or play an Action: skill card.

---------------
I interpret the Executive order as a choice between the following two options:

- Take your movement step and action step
- Take 2 action steps

The fact that the Brig causes someone to move isn't the same thing as the movement step - the movement is part of the Brig action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 - A
2 - yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus god
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also whole-heartedly agree. Passing the brig check means that you can move anywhere as part of passing that check. That means you can now take another action wherever you just went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cactusgod wrote:
I also whole-heartedly agree. Passing the brig check means that you can move anywhere as part of passing that check. That means you can now take another action wherever you just went.
That sounds like the consensus.

Thanks everyone!
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Terpstra
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Can someone in the brig use an Executive Order on a fellow Cylon who is revealed and in the Cylon locations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
dl_terp wrote:
Can someone in the brig use an Executive Order on a fellow Cylon who is revealed and in the Cylon locations?

No, cylon players cannot be XO'ed (nor targeted by many other effects), only human players can.

(Except I now find it shocking that XO says "any onother player" and not "any other human player". Ok, it is still covered by skill card text not affecting Cylons.)

BSG Wiki

BSG Wiki wrote:
Q: Can Cavil use his OPG to infiltrate Galactica and take actions as a human player, or uninfiltrate and take actions as a Cylon?
A: (Tim Uren, FFG, to kushiel) The actions Cavil gains by using his once-per-game ability are not lost when he uses one of them to infiltrate or stop infiltrating. While the abilities on Skill Cards (aside from Treachery cards) cannot be used on revealed Cylons (which is why the second action granted by an XO is lost once a Cylon leader becomes a "Cylon" again), the abilities on Cavil's character sheet, on the other hand, are available to him whether he is a Cylon or he is infiltrating as a human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.