Subject: Making Change With Resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question we had during another Simple Game.

Say you have two blue tokens on the Level I Mine that is worth 2 Stone each, thus meaning you had 4 stone total. Say you wanted to pay for something that cost 3 Stone. Do you have to put both tokens back in the resource bank and be inefficient, or can you put 1 back and put the other on the starting Mine that is only worth 1 Stone per blue token?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make change.

You can never "color up." You can't take 2 blue off of the Age A mine and place 1 blue on the Age 1 mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
You can make change.

You can never "color up." You can't take 2 blue off of the Age A mine and place 1 blue on the Age 1 mine.

Because that would screw up with corruption aspect I take it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
You can make change.

Seconded. And great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded.

However there is one situation you will want to know about. Let's say you have Iron Mine Technology played buy no people in it yet. If you get income from a card (an event or a raid) you could put units on the Iron Mine more efficiently as you have the technology and so can have iron resources, you just can't mine it yourself until you put a pop on it.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good tip, Ralph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindahl
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the other way? Do you HAVE to make change? e.g. last night I had only A and III food tech. If I have to pay consumption of 2, perhaps I want to spend a 5 rather than take 3 change and incur corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jlindahl wrote:
How about the other way? Do you HAVE to make change? e.g. last night I had only A and III food tech. If I have to pay consumption of 2, perhaps I want to spend a 5 rather than take 3 change and incur corruption.

You are not allowed to overspend. As long as you have blue tokens remaining, you have to make change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindahl
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.