Subject: Help! Old Variant Lost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Years ago I found a Victory variant of the Spanish American War. This had maps, counters, and rules on the web page. I had printed out the maps right away (they needed to be cut apart and mounted together). Since I had found this I have moved several times, and had a computer hard drive crash. Of course, I can't find the files and a search online hasn't turned up anything. Anyone out there know what I am talking about. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I have never heard of this variant. If you do find it, let us know where.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have the wrong Victory. This game uses wooden blocks, not counters, and represents WW2 technology. I don't think there were many tanks, airplanes, or submarines in the Spanish American War. =) (Not that you couldn't use the system with other units, I suppose, but that would not leave much unit differentiation.)

Oh! Or maybe you have the wrong war. Did you mean the Spanish Civil War? The original MedFront game included a scenario for that. Maybe there was a Victory scenario, too. That would work. I'd like to try it if there is one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
Florissant
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen that one before for this game (Victory the blocks of war) but it appears the website no longer exists. I didn't download the stuff so no help there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this variant also but can't find it now. Anyone else out there have this??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.