Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pop to your local Borders bookstore you'll find that most games are 50% off - which is a bit confusing because online they're only offering a 20% discount.

Most of the games they stock are the mass market ones - Monopoly, Risk, etc, but around Christmas time they bring in a few copies of Settlers and Carcassonne. I spotted one copy of Settlers at half price in the Cheshire Oaks (Ellesmere Port) store yesterday - should still be there (in the display of games that backs onto the queue for the tills - if you know the store).

I've seen copies of Carcassonne there before but as they tend to have the games scattered around the shop and I was only paying a flying visit I can't confirm whether there were any copies of Carc. Have a wander round your local Borders if you need to fill a gap in your games collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm this one (beaten to the punch, I was going to post it!). I picked up a copy of Settlers of Catan at 50% off yesterday, a steal at just £12.49.

Sadly Borders stock is not always great, but I noticed Blokus, Risk 2010, and Hey, that's my Fish (!) as well as Settlers, Carc, and the usual rubbish (57 varieties of Monopoly and electronic Deal or no Deal!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good news.

Can anybody direct me to a London (North or Central preferably) store that they know stocks Risk2210 and/or Settlers of Catan? If they're going cheap then I think they'd make fine buys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Dales
United Kingdom
Nr. Goole
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't bother going to the branch near IKEA Leeds - they had absolutely nothing apart from usual crap.

Hundreds of copies of Leeds Monopoly, Scrabble 50-year Anniversary set, and enough Rubik's Cubes for every man, woman and child in the UK. No Catan, no Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCarthy
United Kingdom
Northampton
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've been to London, but I believe there is a Borders close to the Tesco at Brent Cross (about half a mile from the end junction of the M1/just off the North Circular).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.