Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the faq:
Quote:
{p12, 25} A player may only buy one share of the CGR per stock turn, even if the second issue of shares is in play. [The statement on p25 that each share counts only half a certificate could be used in conjunction with the stated purchasing limit of one certificate per turn to allow the purchase of two shares per turn. This is not the intended interpretation, as confirmed by Bill Dixon.]

wtf? is this meant to read stock ROUND? if not, how is this differnt than with other companies than CGR? or have I missed a rule that allows you to buy more than 1 share of other companies per stock turn?

edit: or is this simply a clarification that it's 1 only even though it may be worth 5% not the ususal 10%?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
edit: or is this simply a clarification that it's 1 only even though it may be worth 5% not the ususal 10%?

yes. No rule change, only a clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:

wtf? is this meant to read stock ROUND? if not, how is this differnt than with other companies than CGR? or have I missed a rule that allows you to buy more than 1 share of other companies per stock turn?

Note that you have the terminology backwards: a round is a set of turns, not vice versa, in 18xx games. Your edit give the correct interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have expressed myself badly then, i know what a round and turn is. when I read the faq I thought they mixed up the terms, and that the point of that faq entry is that you can only buy CGR once a SR - to make you for some reason have to fold a company into CGR if you want a lot of its stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stock certificates for all the companies, including the CGR, all work the same way for buying and selling during the stock market phase. The "clarification" was just there to head off at the pass a rules lawyer who would argue that buying one certificate of the CGR (when the second set of certificates are in play) only counted as "half a certificate" and thus he should be allowed to buy two at once rather than just the one usually allowed. It's possible that the clarification confused as many people as it helped...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.