Popular Tags: [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So i got to North Caroline to spend a nice relaxing two weeks with my parents. No responsibilities, nothing but eat, drink and be merry. Expect without the drink. But there has been eating. And sleeping. And cards. And Wii. And TV wathing. And now I chill at work with Mom using the blessed wonders of wireless internet on my own precious computer. Which is why this has not been posted yet. My computer. Mine, my own, my precious..... Ok that might be a little much, but I love my laptop, and my parents PC is nothing at all like it. even they keyboard feels wrong.

But this is the 'backyard' complete with 'pond' and the occasional duck. But no bacon or jello. Just saying. But it is nice. Mom says that there are real trees. And that the growing sideways live oak trees of Texas are not 'real' (it might have something to do with the green to brown color scheme, and the leaves don't really fall off in the fall, more like the spring. Or something)

But, one evening when Mom and I were enjoying a rousing game of Super Paper Mario, and were questing on towards the end of the game, we heard a loud popping noise. And then another. Which we attributed to early fireworks. Since it was the 30th. And then there was the loud exploding BOOM!

Mom wanders over to the back of the house and peers out the windows. And asks. Is that a fire?

I try to peer through the shades, but decide to brave the cold of the backyard to see.

Low and behold, we step outside and this is what greets us

We contemplate calling 911, but as we decide this we see the flashing lights arriving at the scene. Two hours, one police car and two fire trucks later the blaze was out. We tried to go look and take pictures of the damage the next day, but decided that wading through the mud of a construction site to go explore the woods behind the house was too much effort (that and Mom was on the way to an eye appointment).

But that was the adventure. (Sorry for the delayed posting. The extended BGG down incident kept me from posting. As did said aforementioned lack of access to my laptop.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, what started it? And is the blue I see in the last picture actually part of the flame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the feeling about the computer.

Being at home with my hubby & daughter I have to FIGHT for a chance to sit down at the PC and then RUSH to read, post, thumb, etc.

Great photo!!!

Here in Florida we also have the "fake" oak trees. Ours are all still lush, green, & full of leaves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Clockmakers lie
mbmbmbmbmb
What I expected was

The backyard is on fire!!!

or even

THE BACKYARD IS ON FIRE!!!!!

but never

(The backyard is on fire)

You're very calm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purplewurple wrote:
What I expected was

or even

but never

You're very calm.

She used to the building she works in having explosions and whatnot from chemists dumping chemicals and stuff down drains without thinking about what previous chemicals have been dumped down drains. Well, something along those lines. So, she's used to things like that now. ninja

Access to one's own laptop is absolutely necessary. Everything in the proper place and all the right software and bookmarks. Everytime I get a new computer, it takes awhile to get it set up right. Although, currently considering reorganizing some things on my current one because it's not working the best for me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

So, what started it? And is the blue I see in the last picture actually part of the flame?

The blue should be the lights from the police car. It had stopped near the fire, and the red and blue lights were flashing

EgorjLileli wrote:
I know the feeling about the computer.

Being at home with my hubby & daughter I have to FIGHT for a chance to sit down at the PC and then RUSH to read, post, thumb, etc.

Great photo!!!

Here in Florida we also have the "fake" oak trees. Ours are all still lush, green, & full of leaves.

Yay fake oak trees. The still lush and green part is why Mom says they aren't real trees. :Shrugs: A tree is a tree. But what do I know, I live in Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purplewurple wrote:
What I expected was

or even

but never

You're very calm.

It was a ways off. And there were already people there to out the fire out. We were never in danger. So it is easier to stay calm. But it was kind of cool.

mileser wrote:
She used to the building she works in having explosions and whatnot from chemists dumping chemicals and stuff down drains without thinking about what previous chemicals have been dumped down drains. Well, something along those lines. So, she's used to things like that now. ninja

Access to one's own laptop is absolutely necessary. Everything in the proper place and all the right software and bookmarks. Everytime I get a new computer, it takes awhile to get it set up right. Although, currently considering reorganizing some things on my current one because it's not working the best for me right now.

Don't forget the flaming biohazard boxes. Those are important too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
A tree is a tree. But what do I know, I live in Texas.

A tree is a tree, but a tree does not make TREES (ie. a forest)! When we first moved to southern California I was constantly asking, "Where are the trees?". People would point to these scrawny single oaks and wimpy clumps of Eucalyptus. Those may be trees, but they aren't TREES, people!! Witness the following...

Trees, not TREES:

TREES:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, Diane dahling, anothuh absolutely mahvelous piece of attiuh. Simply gohgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.