Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Combat Commander: Battle Pack #2 – Stalingrad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building height rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I hadn't really thought about it before, but are all buildings in CC single story? In ASL/ATS if a building is more than # hexes it becomes multi-story.

I looked through the rules and couldn't find anything, and as well I don't see any 2nd level counters. It was first thing that came up when we went to play the Grain Elevator scenario.

To me, that would be quite a downside to representing battles in Stalingrad. It certainly is a factor in terms of stacking and empowering fire lanes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, all buildings in CC are single story.

If you are interested in some prior discussion on multi-level buildings, you might want to read:

Building Floors and Fog of War
New Possible Rules
Multi-level Buildings

Chad has commented on multi-level buildings and the difficulty they would bring to the game in terms of the number of rules that would need to be adjusted by this additional level of detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
GlennG wrote:
It certainly is a factor in terms of stacking and empowering fire lanes.

Stalingrad BP does allow for overstacking a hex (but at the loss of cover), so one can at least attempt to build more concentrated fire groups but at a loss of defensive cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Thanks for the pointers to the previous discussions. Ok. Not a biggie, just seemed weird for Stalingrad. Hadn't really noticed this before, but I play a lot of different games (ie., I play CC infrequently now and then)

Yeah, already did this with stacking in my Grain Elevator play. I think this is a great improvement and should be replaced in the original rules. Eliminating units is ridiculous. People don't disband and or die because there isn't space; there needs to be enemy fire. Reducing cover is a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Armada
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came upon a question last night. If rubble is in a gully, I suppose it does not block line of sight. If it is in open ground, between 2 level 1 hills, it also does not block line of sight.

Am I correct? If so, rubble would also be similar to a 1 story building except for not having a blind spot to a unit at higher elevation.

Thanks

TOny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Rubble is a terrain type at the top of the terrain hierarchy. Therefore, if Rubble were in a hex with a gully in it, the terrain type of the hex would be Rubble (and not gully). In other words, the hex would no longer have a gully in it. The result would then be an obstacle that would block LOS. (Your interpretation assumes the gully is at Level -1, which is not implicit in the rules. A strict interpretation is that the gully is destroyed, and the hex is a rubble hex at Level 0.)

T88.4 would indicate you are correct about RUBBLE on Level 0 while sighting between two Level 1 hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.