Subject: sacrifice favors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
rachel has a card that states that you can sacrifie favors for good baggage. can she simply discard three favors in her turn and place three good baggage on her plot? this seems a little bit to over powered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abel_set wrote:
rachel has a card that states that you can sacrifie favors for good baggage. can she simply discard three favors in her turn and place three good baggage on her plot? this seems a little bit to over powered.

I've played Rachel several times, and compared to the ease with which others can place Bad Baggage on your (moving a lead to a seedy location, for example), this is meant to seem over-powered at first glance. But also consider you're likely using Lena/Captain Beckman favors to do this, and if Louis is in the game and tweaking the favor-boosting conspiracies, you need to hold on to your favors just to make him hold onto his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
true, but my real question is the definiton of sacrifice.
Lets say you sacrifice two light cards as one good baggage, do you simply discard the cards or do you have to pay for them without taking the positive effect?
The whole sacrifice thing is a bit unclear.
in some cases you can sacrifice a clue token to get good baggage instead of following up the lead. this makes sense because the sacrifice consists of you not being able to do the follow up. But if you can simply discard favors or cards, you are not really sacrificing the actual benefit of what would become of the favours or cards if you played them.
i would like to think that sacrificing a card would mean that you played it as normal, spending the shift cost and instead of doing the positive effect, you sacrifice that effect to gain say one baggage, if you have plot that says something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Strangeway
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Sacrificing cards means (at least the way we play it) simply discarding the cards. The easiest way to see that this is the way to play it is with dark cards.

Several of the plots allow players to sacrifice two dark cards to add bad baggage. If it required you to play the card to sacrifice it, you would never be able to place bad baggage on your opponent, since dark cards are triggered by a condition, and only one dark card can be played per condition. (i.e. only one card can be played against someone at the start of their turn, only one card when they enter a location, etc).

If I need to sacrifice cards or favors, I simply discard them on my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer Kevin Wilson answered a bunch of questions over on the FFG site. Still no FAQ yet, but this thread covers a lot of ground.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

In this, he says Sacrificing costs no time (unless you're sacrificing time), and must be done on your turn.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.