Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: LOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello everyone
Im fairly new to the wargame theme CC is my first one i have all the products CCE CCM Battlepack #1
im just waiting for battlepack #2 and CCP
The question i have is for LOS over in the ASL forum there is a video reviews for the move shooting and so on .
What im trying to say do all these chit and hex game LOS work the same can i use this video review for reference
Im teaching myself so i have no one to help
Thanks in advance Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, CC:E and ASL are two entirely different games with different rules, so I'd say that video won't help you much.

LOS in CC:E is not too complicated, have a read through the examples of play in the rulebook, and if you have any questions, just post them here or at the CC folder in Consimworld, and you'll usually have an answer pretty fast.

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick response
Ok lets take the example page 16 rule book Movement/Opportunity fire example under column B The allied player has a fire order/action in his hand but surmises that LOS to K8 is blocked by the crest line in K7 so say that allied player was on a level 2 or 3 hill can he see the german behind the crest line ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have that playbook in front of me.

Here's a general rule of thumb: two units at different elevations only have line of sight if the higher one is in a crest hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
I thank you for your patience in helping me
The whole thing just clicked in i was reading the rules and looking at a map to compare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara Saurio
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Logitech G25 + rFactor + XtremeRacers = pure sim racing!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geekgeek wrote:
Matt, CC:E and ASL are two entirely different games with different rules, so I'd say that video won't help you much.

I wouldn't say "entirely different" as CC:E has taken some ASL mechanics with simplified rules. I can't find a LOS case in CC:E that is not the same in ASL, so feel free to watch the video if you find it useful. Of course there'll be some parts that won't match CC:E, like buildimg heights, but you won't be wasting your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew stewart
Canada
flag msg tools
Thats what i thought although i have not played ASL from what i seen in the vid sounds like some of the rules in CC"E
Mara i'm guessing that you play ASL ? thats what i want to work towards the game looks amazing i just need to find what difficulty level i can handle
I dont want to buy a game and have the rules go over my head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MS_IGLOO wrote:
Thats what i thought although i have not played ASL from what i seen in the vid sounds like some of the rules in CC"E
Mara i'm guessing that you play ASL ? thats what i want to work towards the game looks amazing i just need to find what difficulty level i can handle
I dont want to buy a game and have the rules go over my head

The ASL starter kits are a pretty good place to go after CC if you wish for more complexity getting closer to ASL. They are basically "ASL lite" and will introduce you to the enormous amount of rules at an easier pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marasaurio wrote:
I can't find a LOS case in CC:E that is not the same in ASL,

CC has no "inherent terrain;" terrain is only ever the depiction. The closes to "inherent terrain" of ASL would be smoke which fills a hex and is on all hexsides on all levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.