Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxers or Briefs is a simple party game that allows a group of friends to spend a half hour or so handing out cleverly thought out cards to each other in an attempt to create some humorous or thought provoking moments.

Game set up takes seconds. All you do is deal out a hand of cards to every player and then select someone to “go first”. The cards all have 6 statements on them, but only one of them can be used each round, and this is randomly determined by the roll of a die.

The game play is simple; each round is centered on one of the players, who simply roll a 6 sided die to determine the focus statement of the round. The die has 6 different key words that the other players will combine with a card from their hand to create a statement that they feel is either true or funny about the chosen player.

Example: The player rolls the die and “I LIKE” comes up.
Now each other player looks at their hand of cards and reviews their “I LIKE” options. And after a moment of thought, they pass their card face down to the main player who shuffles the cards so they do not know who gave which one and reads them out loud.

Here is where the game gets fun.

The reading of the cards is the best part of the game, because they will hopefully be extremely true, or extremely funny about the player reading them. So they may read statements that say: I like to play practical jokes, I like anything spicy, I like to make faces at people when they aren’t looking, I like to wear my underwear on my head, I like to sing in the shower and I like to go camping.

In this situation based on the reader, some of these cards may be extremely funny; let’s say our reader had a bad poison ivy incident on last years camping trip and they vowed to never go camping again.

After the laughter and jokes die down, the reader has to distribute 2 points to their fellow players. Without knowing who submitted what card, they must award a TRUTH chip, and a FUNNY chip. They may decide that the statement about the spicy food is TRUE, and the camping one is FUNNY due to the contradictory nature of the statement.
After the chips are awarded and the identities of who submitted what card are revealed, usually another few moments of laughter will ensue.

And you just repeat this process until a player has accumulated the determined amount of chips (usually 6).

The game takes a half hour to play and is almost always a non stop laugh out. You have plenty of card options, and the game is guaranteed to lighten the mood and fill time between longer activities.
Highly recommended for a group of close friends who love to laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.