Subject: Release date and order possibilities? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew/Clay,

just found this game entry and the idea/concept reads really cool. I'm a 18xx newbie and would really try your way to learn such games. So i would like to know

1. then it will be released?

2. how/there i can order this game (espacially if i would like to get this to germany)?

Many thanks in advance
der ingo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
We are still playtesting, and working on the last few tweaks. The game feels pretty solid, right now, and we're feeling pretty good about it. We're also getting quotes on producing the game. The goal is to have this in print in the first half of 2009. I wish I could give a better answer than that, but we still have a bit of work ahead of us.
-Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I thought I should add that if anyone wants to keep up with what we're doing, and be the first to know when this game will be available, I'd encourage you to sign up for our e-mailing list. We have a few different lists:

1] For people who only want to be notified when a game is released. (which will be infrequent, indeed.)
2] For people who'd like occasional updates on what we're up to in the design process. (maybe every few weeks.)
3] "Spam the hell out of me, I have no real friends."

If you're interested, just GeekMail me with your email address, and let me know which list to put you on. (and we will never, ever, ever, even briefly consider selling your contact information!)
-Drew

Edit: to make "email address" bold. It is neccessary, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
drewdane wrote:
18EZ is now available as a free PNP... sorta.

I don't quite have all of the tile sheets done, so those have not been posted, yet. That will come in the next few days. In the meantime, I have slapped together a graphic tile manifest for those of you who have 18xx games from which you can rob tiles.

Also, I don't have the money finished. Most of you who have enough games to come up with the tiles probably use poker chips, anyhow. Right?

In the coming days, one will be able to download and print your own copy of 18EZ from this Google Group. (There's not really any adult content, so don't be frightened / excited. I just wanted an extra layer to keep the riff-raff out.) Please come by, join the group, play the game, and tell us what you think.

Wow...I'm the first member of the group! Far out!

I'll rob 1856 of some tiles, and probably the money too. I have poker chips, but not in a set that's convenient for 18xx games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
And to blow your mind even farther, you're actually the first person to sign up yourself. I created the group, so google added me by default. As we speak, Clay is not even aware that he's a member!
I'm sure you can make the poker chips work, it'll just require doing a little math.
As for tiles, I really need to get those done. 1856, and 70 do use different open track tiles in green, and brown. It'll be possible to play with the Mayfair tiles, but the character of the game may be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Oops, looks like I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you had a set of poker chips for 18xx. You're better off using the money from 56, than trying to make the chips work. Just cut it in half, or so, for the first couple levels. I should have the tiles and money done this weekend, but if you want to play right away, that should hold you over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I thought this would be a good time to create a microbadge for 18EZ, too. Here it is:

: 18EZ fan.

Hopefully, someday I'll have enough bag to buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.