7 Posts

Kolin: Frederick's First Defeat – June 18, 1757» Forums » News

Subject: Reprint announced for 2009 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clash of Arms has announced a reprint of Kolin for 2009.

The reprint will come with updated maps, a few replacement counters (e.g. for the large 24 SP cavalry battalions) and the 3rd edition BAR rules. It might be possible to purchase the updated components separately.

For more information check the BAR folder on consimworld:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?50@902.Ep1TeyxcHPv.9@.ee6d0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Hooray! Great news for a great game that started it all ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition, but I will probably pick up this new version as well. My Prussian counters always looked a litte dark purple and a tad out-of-focus on the letters. As nice as the first maps are, I'd like to see elevation lines on the new ones, and it will be great to get all the new-style charts and tables in one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the print clarity & production value of these games has greatly improved over the years, especially in the counter art and also (!) the display set ups - the latter really help speed up the initial set up so you can get started sooner. Also helps with organization before & during the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cameron
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello gentlemen it's now 2010 and Kolin HAS NOT yet been reprinted. What's up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the status of the reprint. The designer of this game, Paul Dangel, has been working on getting his next game in the series, Prague, proofed and out the door. Progress has been very slow on that (for reasons I do not know), so I imagine a reprint of Kolin is not scheduled at this time. If it is "scheduled", it appears to be a low priority at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Prague has been published, there is still the plan to re-publish this game? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.