1 Posts

Outside the Scope of BGG» Forums » Rules

Subject: Definition & overview of basic rules for OSBGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan McNamara
United States
flag msg tools
I didn't see any rules postings for Outside the Scope of BGG. Since I grew up playing OSBGG I thought I'd have a crack at explaining how this game works so that more people can enjoy it. There also seems to be some confusion in determining whether or not you are actually playing OSBGG, hopefully looking over these rules will clear things up.

The rules (as I understand them) are as follows.

1. Players cannot be playing any board game.
a. OSBGG may be played using components, boxes, boards or other parts of boardgames; for example, seeing who can hold the most meeples inside their mouth is part of OSBGG.

2. A game of OSBGG consists of any event or multiple events where a winner can be determined.
a. There are no limitations on what the winner can be. As far as I can tell, if something exists either in a physical or metaphysical sense, than it could potentially win at OSBGG.
b. There are no limitations on which events may constitute a game of OSBGG.

That's pretty much it. My wife's family is from Nova Scotia, and the way she learned the game it included an additional rule where there must be a pre-determined method for determining a winner of OSBGG. (Personally, I consider the rule to be a moot point).

edits for grammar
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.