Subject: Allied War Status marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Merafina
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there somebody who knows when the marker "Allied War Status" is flipped in the reverse side? This marker has a symbol of a port, but I didn't find in the rules anything about use of the reverse side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
merafina wrote:
Is there somebody who knows when the marker "Allied War Status" is flipped in the reverse side? This marker has a symbol of a port, but I didn't find in the rules anything about use of the reverse side.

I think it's to indicate whether Invasions are still allowed or not (before Unrestricted Submarine Warfare). But that's just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That sounds right. To be honest, I never realized the port symbol was even there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
merafina wrote:

I think it's to indicate whether Invasions are still allowed or not (before Unrestricted Submarine Warfare). But that's just a guess.

So, it marks the play of Churchil Prevails and whether or not its Winter? (It doesn't need to mark the play of USW because that has a counter of its own). Maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
merafina wrote:

So, it marks the play of Churchil Prevails and whether or not its Winter? (It doesn't need to mark the play of USW because that has a counter of its own). Maybe...

Actually...that makes a lot of sense. Churchil Prevails grants War Status, and so the War Status Marker indicates whether it's been played or not. USW has its own marker (and usually the AP War Status Marker will have been removed by this point anyway), and the winter turns on the map specify no invasions. So, it must be for Churchil Prevails!

Can you tell this has been tormenting me at night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Larz... sleep... sleep...

It can be used to show when Invasions (beachhead marker symbol) are allowed after play of Churchill Prevails. Confirmed. Even I had to try to remember that one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.