Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, dudes & dudettes. I'd like to create a guild - a support group, if you will - for BGG members who are a serious about playing their entire collection of games.

Over in the wargame forum I occasionally chronicle my own progress in this thread, but I thought it would be neat if those of us who are trying to clear the backlog could have a cozy, little spot to talk about it and help each other.

However, I like to follow the rules around here, and a careful examination of the guild limitations seems to imply that my idea is not really acceptable.

Quote:
Guilds are limited to the following categories:

* Local game groups and clubs
* Regions
* Game stores
* Conventions or other gaming events
* Non-gaming hobbies (which may be game related), such as photography and podcasting
* Languages (You may use any language anywhere on the site, but some people may prefer to discuss games in languages other than English in these guilds.)
* Play by email/play in forum games (Play forum-based games in these guilds. If you wish to discuss a game in general, please do so on the game page, not in a guild.)
* Occupations
* Podcasts

Can I have an official ruling on this please? Maybe a teensy bendsy of the rulesy? I think some people on BGG would really benefit from such a support group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Submit it under "hobbies". I'm sure it'll get accepted.
Let's see, we have the following under hobbies (of which I'm a member of):

-Photoshop/GIMP tutorials!
-Playtester
-nandeck
-Dice Lover's Guild
-Origami

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

I've tried to get one for playing games with young twins (playing games with twins SUCKS) and I've been declined and told the posts need to go into the general discussion.

Best of luck to you -- they're pretty tight on this one. Tell them you have a podcast named "Play all my games." That should get you in.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here goes... I'll keep yall updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose...

We're sorry that we couldn't approve the guild that you submitted - 'Gotta play 'em all!',
and your GeekGold fee has been refunded.
We generally do not approve guilds for topics best discussed in the general forums. This is something that would be best addressed there, and possibly with a microbadge.

-Daniel
Your Friendly Moderator

Sincerely,
BGG Admins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just the guilds I've visited, but for the most part I've found guilds to be pretty useless. Either it's game-related discussion that belongs on the main site or it's non-game-related discussion that nobody participates in.

If you're interested in discussing something boardgame related, do it in the main site discussion boards. If you're interested in something not boardgame related, you're better served just finding a different (and appropriate) site on which to discuss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about it too much. No one uses Guilds much anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.