Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the animeeples (mayday games brand), got stickers on my resources, have meeples coming in the mail to replace my people discs, and now my next upgrade is to replace the crop discs with vegimeeples.

Does anyone know if these will become as easily available in the U.S. as the animeeples? What's the scoop?

Thanks,

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the U.S. stores, but if you cannot find an American provider you can order from Fun Games Cafe in Canada.

Vegimeeples Wooden Farm Vegetables

With the U.S. Dollar being strong against the Loonie right now, this might not be a bad option for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
I can't speak for the U.S. stores, but if you cannot find an American provider you can order from Fun Games Cafe in Canada...

Thanks for the tip... I visited the site and figured shipping. I would end up paying $28.90. I think I better wait to get it later from a U.S. retailer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maksum wrote:
Thanks for the tip... I visited the site and figured shipping. I would end up paying $28.90. I think I better wait to get it later from a U.S. retailer.

That's in CAD. Converted to USD, it's around $24.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could get these:
http://www.shopsphiatt.com/p94478/Deluxe-Euro-Token-Expansio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mentis wrote:

Interesting. I think I'll pass on that however. Don't really see a need to make the game more fiddly than it already is (such as having multiple types of food markers.) Furthermore, creating the grocer's stack seems like it would be quite the feat with some of those. Is the wood really going to be a tube shape like that?

I think I'll be set if I could grab the already-released vegimeeples. Then all the items on my farmyard will be a bit more thematically accurate, and the other resources will have the stickers on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Ink might be carrying these sometime in the next month or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maksum wrote:
creating the grocer's stack seems like it would be quite the feat with some of those. Is the wood really going to be a tube shape like that?

Well, you always have the flat round pieces that came with the game to make the grocer's stack.

My girlfriend and I recently ordered the kit from shopSPHiatt.com and are looking forward to the different shaped food (we already refer to food on the fishing space as fish and baked grain as bread, so I think it will fit our personalities), but to each his own - you have to use the components that will fit your style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mentis wrote:

These are exaclty what I want... somehow... every store which had them listed as a december release... still says they are available for preorder...

I dont mind when companies miss a release date, but they should at least announce a new one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
These are exaclty what I want... somehow... every store which had them listed as a december release... still says they are available for preorder...

I dont mind when companies miss a release date, but they should at least announce a new one...

Yeah, they processed our payment and charged our credit card, around the 20th of December, but we have yet to receive them yet. I just figured it was due to the holiday season and they were busy. I try to have patience as much as I can, but every day we come home anticipating that we have ani-vegi-resource-meeples waiting for us.... one day we will be right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Hiatt
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the www.maydaygames.com site, it is more up to date on what is happening with the preorders. Animeeples are in stock and the Euro token set is finishing up production and will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Also on a related note:

According to the geek list found here

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/34807/page/1

Agricola cards are 59 X 91 MM and therefore fit with these card sleeves:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2857857#2857857

Please Geekmail me if you have any problems or concerns. All orders for the Euro Token Sets or Farmers sets will be shipping in 2-3 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
sao123 wrote:

Yeah, they processed our payment and charged our credit card, around the 20th of December, but we have yet to receive them yet. I just figured it was due to the holiday season and they were busy. I try to have patience as much as I can, but every day we come home anticipating that we have ani-vegi-resource-meeples waiting for us.... one day we will be right!

We just today, March 18th, got our order of vegimeeples and farmers placed on 12/21. We never got an update email when the shipping dates were pushed back... and back... or that they reduced the number of resources. We've had three months of frustration surrounding this order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what do you (who have received them) think of the super vegimeeples? I saw product pictures, which admittedly look much nicer than the concepts. Don't know that I'd care for having 3 different types of food tokens on top of the already numerous tokens. I applaud them for generally keeping the pieces flat, but the wood kind of spoils the consistency, and is the only resource that won't work well with the stacking occupations (grocer, resource collector) and those improvements that let you plant and harvest wood.

Not for me, but looks like they did a good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maksum wrote:
So what do you (who have received them) think of the super vegimeeples? I saw product pictures, which admittedly look much nicer than the concepts. Don't know that I'd care for having 3 different types of food tokens on top of the already numerous tokens. I applaud them for generally keeping the pieces flat, but the wood kind of spoils the consistency, and is the only resource that won't work well with the stacking occupations (grocer, resource collector) and those improvements that let you plant and harvest wood.

Not for me, but looks like they did a good job.

We got the Mayday Games Deluxe Euro Token set. The fish, slices of bread, and drumsticks are cute. The wood as a bundle of three logs is cute (and we still have the original discs that came with the game, if we need to stack them on the grocer card.) The carrots are okay, I'm torn between wanting carrots and wanting the official pumpkins. I really like the animeeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine today, and I think they're really good, on the whole.

I'm unsure how it will work having three different sorts of tokens for the same item (i.e. food), particularly when introducing the game to new players (might revert to the original counters for that ?). I'd have preferred some sort of dinner-plate tokens there (but could just use some of the now redundant original wooden markers).

I'm slightly disappointed that the vegetables/carrots aren't more orange, they're quite pale, but that's minor really.

I think the grey stone counters will actually work better than the original black counters in the box, since they look more like stone and also match what's shown on the cards better. Although perhaps my thoughts would be different if I'd played the game more times and was more used to "black stone".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree - I would like the carrots more if they were a true orange. The bread is also an odd color, but it's a nice shape.

I'm not too worried about the different food tokens, as they are recognizably food. It might make sense to them to get drumsticks when they cook an animal, and fish if they go fishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
It might make sense to them to get drumsticks when they cook an animal, and fish if they go fishing.

Agree in that it works well to have bread shapes for when you bake bread, fish for - well - fish, and meat for cooking animals.

But what happens if and when you run out of one of those and have to start putting, say, bread on the fish space ? I guess it depends on how many players you have. I see that it is possible to order more individual tokens from Mayday, it might make sense to have a few more of each food token ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always the original tokens, plus we had gotten wooden tokens at our local craft store to use until our order arrived. If I ordered more, it would be the official ones, perhaps from Funagain. Not Mayday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, bought MayDay Game's Vegimeeples, Animeeples, and Farmers. The game looks cool with them all, it really does! And no more reminding new players, "No, that color brown means brick." I actually think it will make introducing new players easier.

---------------
Minor dislikes:
--I agree that the carrots were too yellow (blending in with the gold and fish and wheat when viewed from across the table). Happening to have some oranger paint, I painted them. Problem solved!

--The fish also blended too much, so I painted them light blue. (I considered silver, but thought they'd then be too close in color to rock or to reed.) Downside: they no longer look like Pepperidge Farm's Goldfish snacks.

--Bread is sort of an odd color (a blonder color might've been better, IMO), but I'm leaving them as is, and they work fine. (They're sort of the color of charred toast.)

--The wood is not the best: not only don't they stack, but they're slippery to pick up, always pinching out of your fingers and skittering across the table. Also, they're hard to count quickly. They work, though. (They're the same color as cattle, but as they don't occupy the same spaces on the mats, it's not really a problem.) Because they are long and narrow, you can use them to plan out your fences, although doing so'll tip off your opponents.

--The farmers are almost, but not quite the same shade as the fences and stables. Again, this isn't a problem, but you may notice it. I like how large they are, especially the father.

--One last wish: that the boars were a little larger--they're a bit hard to pick up, especially when they're crammed inside a small pasture.

My comments are all niggles, however. I really enjoy having them. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steviewevie wrote:
But what happens if and when you run out of one of those and have to start putting, say, bread on the fish space ? I guess it depends on how many players you have. I see that it is possible to order more individual tokens from Mayday, it might make sense to have a few more of each food token ?

Don't underestimate the power of common sense. We made food tokens out of FIMO and no one seems to have a problem understanding why their food earned doesn't precisely match the action the produced it. Food is food. People get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.