WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remembered someone complained he couldn't find a scenario to use German Panzer IVf2 before in the forum.
Now I thought I found it.

The picture on the bottom cover of the game box seems like a new firefight and I assume it is an unpublished scenario.

It's interesting to use jsut map2 to setup a game by using Panzer Ⅲh and IVf2 to fight with 3 T-34.
There are two control markers on both sides, and I guessed the Soviet control marker is the supply point, and they need to swipe out the German town to control the road in the south.

Maybe this is the Soviet counter-offensive in the end of 1942.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well spotted Wei-Cheng!

I'm just about to finish the last scenarios availabale for C0H (including the Swamp Board ones.

I'm so busy playing them that I've little time to design new ones... although I'm a bit surprised there haven't been more posted!

Personally, I prefer the smaller tighter scenarios, with less units and limited CAPs, to make you consider carefully your tactics! Really fancy some copies of the early Advanced Squad Leader scenarios around the Stalingrad Tractor/Tank factory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I also prefer the firefight with one or two map setup.
To release a firefight editor maybe a good way for fan-made scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yung-Hao Tien
Taiwan
flag msg tools
I'm waitting for the Tigers.....

It's frustrated while facing the T-34s, until the Tiger appears...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts on a "scenario editor"
silvanus321 wrote:
Yes, I also prefer the firefight with one or two map setup.

I haven't had a chance to play any of the big scenarios yet but I'm pretty certain my preference will be for smaller scenarios. Larger scenarios will have to drag out the play time and make it that much harder to get an opponent lined up.

silvanus321 wrote:
To release a firefight editor maybe a good way for fan-made scenarios.

That's an interesting idea. Let's see...

1) Needs to create balanced scenarios.
2) Needs to create interesting scenarios. Not just force A vs force B.
3) Needs to include historical accuracy (what units are available for a given time).
    You can always ignore this to do "what if" but I'd want to know and I don't have the time or inclination to do the research.

Hmmm, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Item 1 can probably be covered for simple scenarios (force A vs force B) with some sort of unit cost/valuation system. If the two forces have an equal value they should be reasonably balanced. Hmm, that might break if one side is all armor and one is all infantry. I haven't played with vehicles yet so I can't say. Terrain makes a difference though, all armor in the open might have the advantage but in a woods map the infantry might rule.

Item 2 further complicates item 1 because even if the forces are balanced if force A has a much harder objective the scenario is unbalanced. You can probably fix that with VP allocation but seems like a very subjective thing (until you play test it a dozen times) and not easy to do.

Item 3 could be covered with a time line showing when each unit was available.

My conclusion: I don't a think a scenario editor could cover anything more than simple head-to-head scenarios.

What would be really nice though, is if someone with scenario creation experience were to write up some guidelines to give the rest of us a clue. Perhaps in a post titled "Scenario Creation Guidelines" or something witty like that.

We could also work out some approximate valuations for the units, possible with notes like "Unit X has a general value of 3 but a value of 5 in scenarios involving a lot of close combat". Just something to note situations where they may be better or worse. Actually, that has a lot of value to new players as well since it gives them more info about the strength/weakness of various units.

Lastly, item 3 is a file upload opportunity for a BGGer with some time and historical knowledge. Easiest would probably be just a list of the units in the game and a time period for each of them.

Another nice item for this would be a list of military campaigns (or events?) during the time covered by the game. I'm thinking of something simple listing the time span of the operation and maybe one or two sentences describing the campaign and what time of units/terrain/etc were involved. Very simple and high level with the Internets or the local library supplying details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rowan12724 wrote:

Use this first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silvanus321 wrote:
rowan12724 wrote:

Use this first:D

Tiger Special Rule:
If the Immobilize card is played on the Tiger, the Tiger is removed from play.

:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.... can't wait to see the stats for the Elefant, and the Maus!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaufschtick wrote:

That looks like a Tide of Iron Tiger!

Is it?

Sweet.cool

You're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
Awesome.... can't wait to see the stats for the Elefant, and the Maus!!!!!

And use "Ratte" tank counter for preorder bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.