Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Capital building questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Hedler
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
The Age II building "Indian Allies" says to immediately place 2 soldiers in one of your colonies. I understand that part. I do that as soon as I pay for the building.

But, do I get to place another two soldiers on each following turn during the capital building benefits stage? Or, is the initial two soldier placement a one time use?

In the age III buildings, there are several that say something like this: "2VP per soldier in the new world" or "4VP for each merchant ship owned"

Are these VP's scored on every turn during the capital building benefits stage, or are they scored just once after turn 8?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cheadle
United States
Flushing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always played it as a one time use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C.
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
"Somewhere over the rainbow..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a one time use capital building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Age II building "Indian Allies" says to immediately place 2 soldiers in one of your colonies. I understand that part. I do that as soon as I pay for the building.

But, do I get to place another two soldiers on each following turn during the capital building benefits stage? Or, is the initial two soldier placement a one time use?

No, it is a one-time effect. Hence the word "immediately". The absence of the words "each turn" is also a give-away.

Quote:
In the age III buildings, there are several that say something like this: "2VP per soldier in the new world" or "4VP for each merchant ship owned"

Are these VP's scored on every turn during the capital building benefits stage, or are they scored just once after turn 8?

All VPs for capital buildings are only scored at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnijholt wrote:

Wow, thanks! I gave you a thumb for that. By the way, are you able to point me to the exact section in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See section "VIII. Victory Point Calculation / Game End and Winning" on page 10. Under "End-game scoring" it says that you gain VP for discoveries, colonies and capital buildings at that time.

Only colonies are scored 3 times (once after each age). See the first paragraph under section VIII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
rnijholt wrote:

Wow, thanks! I gave you a thumb for that. By the way, are you able to point me to the exact section in the rules?

we always score the points for buildings immediately, just so you can see who's ahead any particular reason why it's better not to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, if you don't wanna follow the rules as written, don't come here expecting a justification for your non-compliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.