Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new base set is out now (you can order it at the FFG shop), so if anybody already has it: Could you please post a list of the cards included in it? Since most (all?) of them are reprints, it's critical to know if there are any cards worth getting.

Thank you very much if you take the time... I know this is asking much, but I think many others would appreciate such a list as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's anything like the Game of Thrones box set, you'll want it. It will have all the spiffy new components in it, in addition to the 7 faction decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Wax
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Go through this topic's posts [the link below] and you will find the list of the COC CS cards. Seems like the COC Core Set has reprints only [AGOT's Core Set got some new cards].

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The story cards are new, I think, although I admit that I don't know enough about the game to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
The story cards are new, I think, although I admit that I don't know enough about the game to be sure.

Yeah, the story cards are new, and probably the best deck we've gotten so far. But other than that, its all reprints. Disappointing to some, to be sure, but the product really is geared toward the new player, not established ones.

Of course, having said that, it would suck to buy it just for the story cards, so hopefully they will have some alternative way to get the story deck by itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the information. Chris is of course right in saying that the set is geared towards the new player. I'm very reluctant to get my 48th Blackwood Associate, and only very slightly less reluctant to get my 6th Yog-Sothoth. The paraphernalia are uninteresting - you can do just as well without them. And why no Domain cards?

It really boils down to the story cards. That would be some very expensive ten cards. As of now, I'll wait. I'd recommend this set for new players, though, as the card selection does look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
New players will want to buy this Core Set in multiples...and then they can recoup some of their investment by selling their (now) useless multiple story decks to us old-timers for $5.

Win-win. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might note though that not everybody has 3 Deep One Assaults, even among the old players. Professor Hermann Mulder was also a difficult one to catch 3 of for some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.