Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can experiment and learn for myself and there are probably no absolute answers to these but I’d love to get thoughts/opinions from more experienced players on these questions I have about voting using the method described in Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition. This is the method where someone must be nominated and seconded, they get a chance to plead their case, then there is a vote for whether that person should be lynched or not.

- Is everyone required to vote? If not, do you count non-voters as voting against?I’m thinking it makes sense NOT to require a vote and to count a non-vote as a vote against. The game seems best to me when you have the mob really agreeing on who should die. Allowing people not to vote might reduce the chances of people voting to lynch just because it seems safer than (explicitly) voting against.

- Are all votes simultaneous and 'final'? I've noticed that when I call for the vote people tend to look around and see what others are voting before they put their thumb up/down and then sometimes people change their vote while I'm counting so I re-count. This can be fun because it allows werewolves to vote to kill other wolves when they can see that they are going to die anyways and it allows villagers to try to spot this behavior. It also allows last minute pleading from the defendant to save their life. However, I imagine there also could be some advantages to requiring votes to be locked in so you can’t know for sure what others are voting when you make your decision.

- If a person survives a lynch vote can they be put up for a vote again in the same day?
We played that they can’t because we had the same two people nominate/second this person twice in a row (because the first vote failed). However, it just occurred to me that we could allow the same person to be nominated twice in the same day but ONLY if the second nomination comes from someone who voted against (or abstained) during the previous vote on that person. Or, you could just disallow a single person being voted on twice in a row in the same day. Thoughts?

- Does the person being voted on get a vote?
Giving the defendant a vote is fun because it means the Idiot votes for themselves and Werewolves can pose as the Idiot but logically it might make sense to not allow the defendant to vote.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
- Is everyone required to vote? If not, do you count non-voters as voting against?

no, voting is not required

Quote:
Are all votes simultaneous and 'final'?

yes, and when i moderate, i give a '1, 2, 3' countdown, and really frown on people changing their votes after that, but it is usually self-moderating as people that do that are usually lynched

Quote:
If a person survives a lynch vote can they be put up for a vote again in the same day?

yes, but not twice in a row, someone else needs to be voted on first

Quote:
Does the person being voted on get a vote?

sure, why not. some people like to be lynched to prove that they aren't lying about being good and such when they claim seer or the like. makes them feel good to vote on themselves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.