Subject: Should the game come with a balance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I was thinking that, instead of a scale, the game might come with some sort of primitive balance (two bags attached to a see-saw stick?) so that you could compare the weights of people's winnings to see who won (instead of counting pieces).

What do you think? Too expensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pell Bort
Canada
flag msg tools
Technically correct is the BEST kind of correct.
badge
I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that the weight of the pieces is sort of irrelevant since their impact on the balance board is not always directly related to how much they weigh. Their position relative to the center, proximity to other pieces, orientation and general grouping and distribution of the pieces are all factors that play heavily in the success of a pull. In other words, the heaviest pieces are not necessarily the hardest ones to pull, and therefore don't necessarily merit greater point valuation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pellbort wrote:
Seems to me that the weight of the pieces is sort of irrelevant

After collapse, victory is giving to the player whose pieces have the greatest combined weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pell Bort
Canada
flag msg tools
Technically correct is the BEST kind of correct.
badge
I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream.
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
Pellbort wrote:
Seems to me that the weight of the pieces is sort of irrelevant

After collapse, victory is giving to the player whose pieces have the greatest combined weight.

I know that's what it says in the rulebook, but it doesn't make any sense, for the reasons I cited in my earlier post. The weight of the pieces is pretty much irrelevant as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pellbort wrote:
I know that's what it says in the rulebook, but it doesn't make any sense, for the reasons I cited in my earlier post.

We play it in a party atmosphere, so we're not that discriminating. Every time we play, I'm forced to divide everyone into two teams so someone can claim they won once it collapses.

Having a scale (whether fair or not) can help break the tie between winning parties, allowing me much greater flexibility in utilizing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.