Subject: Two people wrote the same answer... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mo Cassidy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I presume if this happens, both answers are included as choices for the player whose turn it is to choose. What we do if we think an answer will be common is to try and write the neatest, or even better draw some cute artwork to go with it, to try and get our answer to stand out

Just kind of rambling randomly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
I was taught that the answer boards are stacked face down in the center as they come in, with the quickest being first. When all answers are in you flip the entire stack and read them in the order they were produced. A later answer that duplicates an earlier answer is removed from consideration

Don't know if that is official, and it never came up in the game we played.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with all answers face up - 2nd answer in gets to take their board back & come up with a new answer. No one is eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ answers this question as "Only the first answer on the table counts. The other player must write a new answer."

So we toss our answers face-up on the table and say it out loud as we do. Thus,it is clear what already has been submitted.

Likewise we have no player elimination, they just have to come up with a new answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wyldeoak wrote:
The FAQ answers this question as "Only the first answer on the table counts. The other player must write a new answer."

So we toss our answers face-up on the table and say it out loud as we do. Thus,it is clear what already has been submitted.

Likewise we have no player elimination, they just have to come up with a new answer.

This is the correct way to do it. They all go in face-up, and those who toss out an answer already on the table must come up with a new one.

Also, it's up to the judge to determine if 2 similar answers are, in fact, the same. If he says they are, the second player to put one out has to redo theirs.

Lastly, the last player to put an answer out may decide not to write one at all. That player still gets to place chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wyldeoak wrote:

I was taught the game at Origins by Dominic and Satish (the designers). This is how they taught it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
wyldeoak wrote:

I was taught the game at Origins by Dominic and Satish (the designers). This is how they taught it.

Ditto. That's how I learned it at Dom's house at WedCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Cassidy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, whoops, didn't realise it was covered in the FAQ. That's cool.

Anyway, you might like our way as a variant... For the most stupid person on the planet question, I drew a small shrub, and my answer got chosen

Also, we borrow from apples to apples that the last player to submit an answer gets theirs automatically rejected. I love that rule, otherwise, with the people we play with, the game would take about three hours to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Balfa wrote:
For the most stupid person on the planet question, I drew a small shrub, and my answer got chosen

They probably thought it was a W bush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a fun variant might be to have the players draw pictures instead of write words. I'll have to try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celso Távora
Brazil
Cruzeiro Novo
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd answeris surely sent back and the person has to write a different one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:

Same here (I played this at Origins 2009). I picked up a copy (at a discount, thanks to scrip I earned at the previous night's Wits and Wagers event).

I'll definitely be pulling this one out at social gatherings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unixrevolution wrote:
I think a fun variant might be to have the players draw pictures instead of write words. I'll have to try that.

I've heard that this is an option during the Say Anything! event run at Origins as part of the Origins After Dark program. It's limited to people 18 and over (yes, ID is checked).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wyldeoak wrote:

At first I thought that I had responded to this, but I guess my old avatar has just made its way through the recycle bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.