The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My family is really digging this game! But the WONDERFUL rules make me once-again bow to the awesomeness of BGG as a resource. Here's a question I have not seen answered elsewhere.

Can a car "zigzag" as a result of slipstreaming? For example, let's say that my car is in the center lane, I move to an outside lane and "stop" behind another car in 4th, making me eligible to slipstream. May I, since doing so will take me back to the center lane?

We played that I could, since this is the kind of zigzag that is allowed (avoiding a car) but the whole optional-ness of slipstreaming creates doubts in my interpretation.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 of the rules under Slipstreaming covers this situation.

You can change a lane, overtake the car in front and return to the original lane (ie back in front of the car you just slipstreamed.)

If this was preceded by a lane change move, you can slipstream around the car. Indeed, it is possible to slipstream around several cars if they just happen to be positioned right to allow this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.