Slamwich» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Smith
United States
flag msg tools
Second Game: Slamwich

After playing several rounds of Tic Tac Chec I agreed to play something a little easier. This is one that we played a while back that she seemed to enjoy. Slamwich is basically the standard deck card game I've always referred to as Slaps. However, this is played with a custom deck of cards with the cards representing various sandwich ingredients. The entire deck is dealt out and each player in turn flips a card up in the middle of the table. When certain patterns are formed, such as the same ingredient twice in a row, the first player to slap the stack get to place the cards under their current stack. Play continues until only one player has cards remaining. To make life more interesting, there are also thief cards, which allow anyone to slap the pile, and muncher cards, which require additional cards to be played on top of them. If the correct pattern occurs, anyone can slap. Otherwise, the person who played the muncher gets to take the stack. However, if a muncher is played on a muncher, the right to receive the cards passes to that player. We simplify the game by not playing with the muncher cards.

In our first game, I Grace's 2 year old sister, Hope, also wanted to join us. I also talked my wife Christine into a game. It went along pretty well. A couple of times, we helped Hope to slap the pile. However, Christine got no mercy. Grace, however, did manage to slap a couple of piles on her own. In the end, Hope and Christine went out pretty quickly. Grace stayed in for a while but was so much more interested in laughing at my slapping the cards, that she had no chance to remain.

In the second game, only Hope wanted to play. Since it was only her, I allowed her to take several stacks she would not otherwise have won. This allowed the game to last longer than it really should have. I just needed to be careful that I was able to slap some cards as well, so I wouldn't run out. At any rate, she also preferred to laugh at me slapping the card than to actually slap herself, so I stopped letting her get freebies. The game ended shortly after.

Final Result:

Stephen -- 2 wins

Sure, I "won" but that is not really the point. The point is just to play and have a good time. For my girls, it seems that having a good time with this game means watching daddy slap the cards and then giggling hysterically. Oh, well, I suppose it could be worse. At least they claim to like this one. Total playing time was about 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.