Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so i'm never going to get around to actually playing Dune. My gaming nights are usually after work in the office, and getting exactly the right number of players for Dune and then explaining the rules and then actually playing, well, I have a lot of other games to come first.

Cosmic Encounter on the other hand WOULD get played, if i wasn't worried about food/drink being spilt over my copy.

Therefore, I want to sell my copy of Dune & Eon Cosmic Encounter (+ 3 expansions) so that i have enough space and leftover cash for FFG Cosmic Encounter (Which I don't mind bringing into work) and Dominion and/or Race for The Galaxy (We are all card game nuts).

Now obviously I could trade for the stuff I want in a maths trade, but I'd be losing out big time, so where is the best place to sell them, just on Ebay? What kind of £UK values should i be looking for?

Thanks for any help,

Mike.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut feeling is that you'd get more bang for the pound by trading them here at BGG but it might be tough to find someone offering the new Cosmic Encounter. As an aside, I traded away my copy of Dune for the same reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about just trading for them, instead of selling then buying?

Heck, I'd BUY two of those games and have it sent to you for your two games!

Condition-dependent, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

Well yeah, but Dune & CE are easily worth more than two of the games i want, in fact, in the right auction CE is probably worth 2 alone.

And the market in Europe is a lot smaller than in the US, mind you with the rubbish state of the £, it might be a good time to sell abroad .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gothnak wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

Well yeah, but Dune & CE are easily worth more than two of the games i want, in fact, in the right auction CE is probably worth 2 alone.

And the market in Europe is a lot smaller than in the US, mind you with the rubbish state of the £, it might be a good time to sell abroad .

That would depend on which CE Expansions you have.

As it is, I have a copy of CE Expansion 5, with no base game for it. I really could use it. Plus I just traded off my copy of Dune (for a sweet deal), but would like another copy back. If you'd like to discuss matters with me via GeekMail, I'd be happy to open negotiations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto-I have a "complete plus" set of Eon Cosmic Encounter (it has all 8 token colors plus complete components). It's in the 'too valuable to play/don't want to sort for playing/resort for sale' category. I don't want to let it go for cheap, but would love to get my money back (c. $350-400, the marketplace listing is intentionally high) and get the FFG version. So I list my set on the marketplace-if some one wants it great, otherwise, I'll take it out for a play every now and then. The value of CE has crashed and rightfully so, as anyone other than a CE or Eon completist should be more than happy w/ FFG's take on the franchise (and you KNOW there will be expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a quick look, it seems my copy of CE has expansions 1, 2, 3 and 5, a scuffed box with a split corner and excellent contents.
My copy of Dune has a dent in the lid, but apart from that is pretty much pristine with extra printouts/photocopies from 'The General' magazine.

If i was going to put them on ebay, what's the minimum i should expect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail me on Dune... I'm interested...

Diis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-FFG you might expect:

base game: $20-30 due to box condition
expansions 1, 2, 3-$25-30 each
expanison 5 (moons): $10-20

now-perhaps half to three-fourths of that (e.g. $50-75 total).

The good: you have 50 powers plus plays up to 6 (hexes and token sets) plus extra edicts and challenge cards plu moons which is a very solid game.

the bad: no flares (the only essential part after the powers, the lucre, kickers, reverse hexes are pretty much for the completist/hardcore).

edit: recent closed sales indicate expansions 6 (lucre and powers) and 7 (powers) sold for $12.49 each, e.g. half of pre-FFG reissue.

Also, pay no attention to the eStore 'buy it now' prices-they are grossly overinflated (even in the pre-reissue days) and do not reflect anything anywhere near what you'd actually get in auction.

Gothnak wrote:
After a quick look, it seems my copy of CE has expansions 1, 2, 3 and 5, a scuffed box with a split corner and excellent contents.
My copy of Dune has a dent in the lid, but apart from that is pretty much pristine with extra printouts/photocopies from 'The General' magazine.

If i was going to put them on ebay, what's the minimum i should expect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the value of your Dune copy it depends on a few factors.

What version is it? (What is the box cover) Are there any missing pieces? Any damaged pieces? Usually box cover damage doesn't make the value go down by much (or at all).

Without knowing the specifics, I'd say you can usually expect somewhere between $40 and $70 for your copy of Dune, assuming all the pieces are there.

I've bid on quite a few Dune games, so I think I can safely give an estimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of the last copies of Dune on ebay went for £50 + postage (one in the US and one in the UK)

Quote:
Pre-FFG you might expect:

base game: $20-30 due to box condition
expansions 1, 2, 3-$25-30 each
expanison 5 (moons): $10-20

now-perhaps half to three-fourths of that (e.g. $50-75 total).

Doesn't that mean (25 + 3 * 27.5 + 15) = 122.5 and a 1/2 to 3/4 is $60-90?

Obviously if we take your lowest estimates, it'd be 50, but your highest it would still be almost $100.

Dune seems a solid price anyway, i just need to think some more about CE.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
correct-it's a bit of a wide range, but a lot depends on specific condition. Also, the expansions 1 and 2 came in two colors each (silver and gold, and orange and purple). In my case, i overpaid to complete my color sets, in another, I underpaid for misisng powers to get the OTHER token set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.