Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Is there a FRED Distribution microbadge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
(Original post that I was responding to has been deleted. However hilarity has since ensued).


If there isn't, one can design it and submit it here for approval.


-MMM
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Fred stand for?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The FRED microbadge will be misprinted in black and white and require a fix pack which will be released about 6 months later.

Oh, and it will cost 20% more than other microbadges.
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duffy Carter
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
What's Fred stand for?


Flawed
Ridiculously
Expensive
Distributing

?
18 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
What's Fred stand for?


I think it originally stood for Funagain REtail Distribution, but it got spun off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has any interest in some of the recent FRED releases, I encourage you to look into buying overseas. Even after currency exchange and overseas shipping, you often still save money!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
The FRED microbadge will be misprinted in black and white and require a fix pack which will be released about 6 months later.

Oh, and it will cost 20% more than other microbadges.
Only 20% more than the rest of the microbadges? Isn't that still a bargain?




Munin wrote:
ralpher wrote:
What's Fred stand for?


Flawed
Ridiculously
Expensive
Distributing

?
I always thought they put their name in all caps just to sound more important.



rathstar wrote:
If anyone has any interest in some of the recent FRED releases, I encourage you to look into buying overseas. Even after currency exchange and overseas shipping, you often still save money!
I'm sure glad I was able to snag the Uberplay edition of For Sale
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Blake
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
dcorban wrote:
The FRED microbadge will be misprinted in black and white and require a fix pack which will be released about 6 months later.

Oh, and it will cost 20% more than other microbadges.
Only 20% more than the rest of the microbadges? Isn't that still a bargain?


Of course it is, because of how much superior the concept is of the FRED microbadge. Sure, it may just be a sticker you have to affix to your computer monitor, but the idea is worth way more than 20% more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The important question is, is there a F*** FRED microbadge?

(My newest microbadge is RGG, the anti-FRED!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
The important question is, is there a F*** FRED microbadge?

(My newest microbadge is RGG, the anti-FRED!)


Actually, I think the real important question is,

Who would WANT a FRED microbadge?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:
The important question is, is there a F*** FRED microbadge?

(My newest microbadge is RGG, the anti-FRED!)


Actually, I think the real important question is,

Who would WANT a FRED microbadge?
If I was credited 15 GG, then perhaps.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
What's Fred stand for?


This has me puzzled, too, since in railroad lingo, "FRED" stands for

Flashing
Rear
End
Device

. . . you know, the red light on the last car on a train (since there's no caboose to signal the end of the line).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godspeed the Punchline
United States
San Joser
California
flag msg tools
dcorban wrote:
The FRED microbadge will be misprinted in black and white and require a fix pack which will be released about 6 months later.

Oh, and it will cost 20% more than other microbadges.

And it will curl at the edges.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
The important question is, is there a F*** FRED microbadge?

(My newest microbadge is RGG, the anti-FRED!)




"SAY IT!"


"Uhhhh....uhh....FRED!"


"SAY IT!"


"Uhhh....oohhhh...F**K FRED! Ahhhhh!"


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahahahaha. I can't believe John Bohrer deleted his OP. Who does that?

Actually, I'm surprised he didn't ask for the whole thread to be removed. Although there really wasn't anything to be embarrassed about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Ahahahaha. I can't believe John Bohrer deleted his OP. Who does that?

Actually, I'm surprised he didn't ask for the whole thread to be removed. Although there really wasn't anything to be embarrassed about.


Well, the entire OP text said "If I had enough geekgold..." and it seemed to smack too much of a request for free geekgold. After Mik Svellov did give me 15 GeekGold, (Thanks, Mik!) I felt bad about the message and deleted it.

Given that FRED has licensed one of our games, I would be delighted to have a FRED microbadge, but it doesn't look forthcoming, does it?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
Given that FRED has licensed one of our games, I would be delighted to have a FRED microbadge, but it doesn't look forthcoming, does it?


A reprint or a new game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starbuck
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
{---- I'd be interested in a Fred microbadge.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
John Bohrer wrote:
Given that FRED has licensed one of our games, I would be delighted to have a FRED microbadge, but it doesn't look forthcoming, does it?


A reprint or a new game?


The fifth printing of Age of Steam, in stores February 2009, James.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are serious about wanting one, will any of these work for you?





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all nifty, but I think the first one is their logo, right? That would do nicely!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a "I managed to contact FREDs customer service department and they actually sent me something" microbadge?

It would be a very rare badge of honour.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
John Bohrer wrote:
Given that FRED has licensed one of our games, I would be delighted to have a FRED microbadge, but it doesn't look forthcoming, does it?


A reprint or a new game?


The fifth printing of Age of Steam, in stores February 2009, James.



That's the ticket. FRED has to license games from us all if it wants more fans around here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.