Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
GenghisCon 2009 No Shipping Math Trade in Denver, CO, February 12-15!

I have been asked to do a math trade for GenghisCon, February 12-15, 2009. I am going to make this as simple as I can to run. Although I am running this for the convenience of attendees, I will put very little effort into it. You MUST use JeffyJeffs Online Want List Generator, and you MUST submit using his tool. All I will do is pull the final list and run the trade tool.

I will, however, act as a central dumping ground for trades. I will be there all day Saturday and Sunday runing the Days of Wonder games and some Z-Man games. You MUST make arrangements to drop off AND PICK UP your games at some time during the convention. Any unclaimed games I will take home and you will need to pay shipping to get them.

Deadlines
Submissions due: Wednesday, February 4th, 5:00 PM MST
Summary of submissions posted: Never. You MUST use JeffyJeffs Online Want list generator and submission.
Want Lists Due: Friday, February 6th, 5:00pm MST
Results posted: Friday, February 6th, 11:00pm MST (or earlier)

Method of Finding Trades and Links
Discussion Thread: Here
Request GeekList: I don't plan to have one. Use the discussion thread. It should be small enough since it is local
Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/38342

See the geeklist for all the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. I can't make the whole Con but I will be there for part of it. Definitely hope to get a trade this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I noticed is that the Rules state that you must be at BGG.CON to trade. You may want to update that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to add some things, but I won't until I clean out my game room. You may want to open comments on games if people have specific questions about a single game just for ease of finding as opposed to the generic forum thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have fixed those two things I think. Just some glitches in the cut and paste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Watkins
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the link to JeffyJeff's math trade program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
try http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Watkins
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to just list my games I have to offer and then go back to check and see what is available. The math-trade thing doesn't seem to allow that.

Is this correct?

Nevermind ....
After reading a fair bit of the help geeklist for the math-trade program ... I found out that to add games & stuff for trade you add to the list. The JeffyJeff math-trade program is only for the wants and to compute the whole thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild_Imagination wrote:
After reading a fair bit of the help geeklist for the math-trade program ... I found out that to add games & stuff for trade you add to the list. The JeffyJeff math-trade program only if for the wants and to compute the whole thing.
Very true. Sorry if that was not clear. You have to add the items to the geeklist through BGG. JeffyJeffs tool will then, at some time (actually when I push the button), update the list from BGG, get your games, and then you will see them.

Hmm. I should go update now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few items I could add, though I'll have to make sure someone can get the games there to trade. I imagine I'd probably have to pass them off to Sterling; will you be doing gaming on the weekend before? (I might also be able to give trades to Will, though I'm not certain if he's going this year.)

I'll also note that I'm considering listing WoW The Boardgame, which is a huge box - which I'd have to verify that you have room for and wouldn't mind carting along if it trades (Otherwise I still have 2+ smaller items I could list anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twinge wrote:
I have a few items I could add, though I'll have to make sure someone can get the games there to trade. I imagine I'd probably have to pass them off to Sterling; will you be doing gaming on the weekend before? (I might also be able to give trades to Will, though I'm not certain if he's going this year.)

I'll also note that I'm considering listing WoW The Boardgame, which is a huge box - which I'd have to verify that you have room for and wouldn't mind carting along if it trades (Otherwise I still have 2+ smaller items I could list anyway.)
Yes, I can take your games if you come to gaming the weekend before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to boardgaming and have never been to the convention. Perhaps a dumb question but will the $5 "Visitor's Badge" get me where I would need to be to drop off and pick up trades? I don't think I'll have enough time that weekend to actually play any games so I'd really only go in order to trade.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
I'm new to boardgaming and have never been to the convention. Perhaps a dumb question but will the $5 "Visitor's Badge" get me where I would need to be to drop off and pick up trades? I don't think I'll have enough time that weekend to actually play any games so I'd really only go in order to trade.
Thanks!
I believe you will be able to do that. All you have to do is find me in the boardgaming room. Look for Days of Wonder demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
Thanks!
That was what i did last time as I was short on time. I had no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baronricks wrote:
nmadd wrote:
Thanks!
That was what i did last time as I was short on time. I had no problems.
Great, thanks! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Twinge wrote:

Yes, I can take your games if you come to gaming the weekend before.
I have several games to add as well & there are 6 games listed that I want. But with the results posted on Friday I'd have to pass them off @ the tuesday game night or something. Is there anyone going from fort collins that would carry them for me?
Shane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
I'm new to boardgaming and have never been to the convention. Perhaps a dumb question but will the $5 "Visitor's Badge" get me where I would need to be to drop off and pick up trades?
Last year, I dropped off a couple of games for a friend at TactiCon and didn't buy a "visitor's badge." Of course we met at the restaurant, so that wasn't necessary a part of the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am closing down the list now. We have up through item 99 in the math trade tool. However, I cannot get it to sync up to the final 15 items, probably due to coding changes.

I will ask JeffyJeff to try to close it out and make it so you can submit lists, though I do not know if we will encounter additional problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to make it to the con. Is anyone available to shuttle game in the Boulder / Golden / Lakewood / Broomfield / Westminster area?

Update -- I never heard from anyone, so I will likely submit a blank want list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if we have enough to get any trades anyway, but we still cannot submit want lists. Assuming we can quickly get it closed and able to submit lists, I suggest at least extending the deadline to Friday evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twinge wrote:
I don't know if we have enough to get any trades anyway, but we still cannot submit want lists. Assuming we can quickly get it closed and able to submit lists, I suggest at least extending the deadline to Friday evening.
I think at this point we are dead in the water. JeffyJeff has not responded about closing it down so we can submit wants. The tools are not working after the software update.

Unless someone wants to take over, create the summary list, and work on collecting the want lists manually this is going nowhere. (Unfortunately, due to work issues, I cannot sign up for that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. So.

If everyone wants to geekmail me your want lists, I can try to run it without the OLWLG. I've never actually run TradeMax, but I'm familiar with the process and have been in several trades so it shouldn't be a problem to run it if I get the want lists in.

Unfortunately we don't have a summary either, but it's a small list so we can do it the oldschool way easily enough I think. It'll only take a few minutes to make a want list by hand.

Want lists should look like this:

(YourName) YourItemNumber : WantedItemNumber1 WantedItemNumber2 WantedItemNumber3

YourName is your BGG Username, YourItemNumber is the item number you're making the want list for on the trade geeklist, and the WantedItemNumbers are the item numbers of the items you would trade your game for.

So for example, my list might look like (numbers made up):

(Twinge) 98 : 13 27 42
(Twinge) 99 : 13 27 42 11 78 60 101

Double-check the numbers to make sure they are indeed what you want. This is more important since we don't have the short game names to help avoid mistakes.

I think it'd be easiest not to worry about duplicate protection here since the list is so small and we might not even get any trades (and I don't remember really seeing many dupes in the list to begin with). If someone somehow get 2 of the same item in the results I'll allow the results to be tweaked to prevent that, if desired.

I will attempt to run this with whatever lists I get in by tomorrow morning, about 10:30am MST, so get your lists in ASAP please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |