Subject: Million Monkys Brigade - Year Zero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsterpocalypse

i started the ball rolling today . i went to my FLGS and spoke with the manager . i spoke with the owner last week , but was told i needed to wait and speak to the manager since he would be needed to make my idea happen .

i am a press gamnger for Privateer Press , i run monsterpocalypse events

the Premise : if a million monkys on typewriters can write Shakespear , a couple hundred gamers can make a drop in the bucket .

the How : the game store and i are going to speak to the leaders of each of the other organised game groups and set up AT LEAST 2 charity events per group durring the year .

the Who : Monsterpocalypse , Warhammer 40K , Warhammer Fantasy , AT-43 , Confrontation , Flames of War , Pirates , Magic The Gathering , The Local Historical Gameing Group , Battle Tech , and any other group interested in getting in on it .

the When : atleast twice a year for as long as we can keep it going .

the Prizes : we will seek support from the game groups when possible , the store will write off products ( as "promotional " ) when they wont .

the Reciepients : The Road Runner Food Bank , and Toys 4 Tots .

a few of us are doing great , some of us have enough , many of us are doing ............. ok .................. but there are alot of people out there that are on that brink , there are alot of children that go to bed hungry . there is always a need , not just durring the holidays when we are guilted by movies and TV .

its easy to sit back and do nothing , and oddly enough its not that muh harder to step up to the plate and make a difference . even if only 4 people showed up at each event : thats still atleast 270 cans of food , and im pretty confident that we can do a hole hel of a lot better !

anyone else feel like stepping up to the plate and trying to do the same thing at their FLGS ?

C'MON PEOPLE STEP UP AND JOIN THE MILLION MONKYS BRIGADE .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.