Subject: Sticky threads in game forums rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Is it possible to (temporarily) make a subject 'sticky' in a game forum? There are circumstances where such a feature is useful to have, for example with game author-verified answers to rules questions. Right now, it happens far too often that the answer is lost in the multitude of separate threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply add them to my QuickBar.
I've reserved the first page to 10 temporary links.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Useful tip, but that's not quite the same. You are required to find those links on your own first, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure I understand what you mean. You want a way to stick threads you don't even know about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
A sticky is a sticky. Everyone who vists said forum immediately sees a thread pinned to the top spots. Your method only makes the threads quasi-sticky for yourself. Of course one person would need to make the thread sticky, true, but I think that power would be reserved to a moderator or administrator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that designer-replies to rules questions should be able to be stickied in the Rules forum. For the other forums… not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
I agree that designer-replies to rules questions should be able to be stickied in the Rules forum. For the other forums… not so much.

I can think of some good threads in the DIY forum for example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:

If you click on hot, it will order the posts by number of thumbs. Usually, the best answers / interesting questions / author reactions are the most thumbed ones so that whenever you want, you can usually get this information without anyone having to do extra work.

So I don't think we would need this, this is what the thumbs are all about IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Unfortunately, I know of many examples where this is not the case. Really people, stickies are not that great a burden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.