Subject: Things I've been doing, eating, and getting engaged to rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cosmic Encounter, bacon-wrapped bits of filet mignon, and my high school sweetheart.

It has been a good winter break laugh

I was really just jealous of Luftwaffe Flak...

And yes I asked her on Christmas Eve. I AM SO ORIGINAL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Cosmic Encounter, bacon-wrapped bits of filet mignon, and my high school sweetheart.

It has been a good winter break laugh

I was really just jealous of Luftwaffe Flak...

And yes I asked her on Christmas Eve. I AM SO ORIGINAL

Congratulations!!

Though I have to wonder why you are only telling us now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
Though I have to wonder why you are only telling us now...

Well she didn't say yes, I've needed time to heal...

ninja

But really it's because this is the first time in several weeks I've had to be at my computer for an extended period of time. I didn't want to post it and then wait for maybe even a day later to bask in the thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the subject, shouldn't this be moved to RSP? cool

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

My first read, though, had you having a cosmic encounter with your bacon-wrapped sweetheart...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
My first read, though, had you having a cosmic encounter with your bacon-wrapped sweetheart...

The dreams we dream...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:

The sad thing is, I am absolutely certain that I'm not the only one who mentally ran through every combination of verbs & nouns in the subject line & first sentence, trying to figure out the most offensive arrangement.

Anyway, how is it with three, not more than once per night I hope, and congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I married my high-school sweetheart as well. We're coming up on our 7 yr anniversry now.

(Combined with 5 yrs of dating/engagement prior to wedding, I'm just a few (well 5) years away from spending half my life with her!)

Bacon-wrapped bits of filet mignon sounds delicious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Anyway, how is it with three, not more than once per night I hope, and congratulations.

I'm not sure which goes with what, but I think thank you?

I haven't tried any of the things with 3, but I feel like there would be a lack of player interaction dynamic with the first one and too much player interaction with the second and third one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Bacon-wrapped bits of filet mignon sounds delicious!

It combines two of my three favorite meats in a delicious morsel on a small toothpick. They are heavenly, I recommend them to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I married my high school sweetheart as well. Over 21 years ago. It's been awesome! We've been married more years of our lives than not married now. (what a weird way to say "over half our lives"...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposing for Christmas is an excellent way of economizing on presents. What girl can complain about a lack of Christmas presents with a shiny new diamond on her finger? I proposed on my girl's birthday.

I salute you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I really thought this was going to be a one-noun answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bismarck1871 wrote:
Proposing for Christmas is an excellent way of economizing on presents. What girl can complain about a lack of Christmas presents with a shiny new diamond on her finger? I proposed on my girl's birthday.

Hey, I'm not cheap. With all the money I saved on fake diamonds I got her a real nice present, too!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vulgar mind initially thought you were going to answer all three parts of "Doing, Eating, and getting engaged to" with the same noun.

Congrats I'm not engaged to my highschool sweet-heart, but I am her high-school sweetheart so it works out (I was in college already when we met.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to believe that I am the only one here who is honest enough to note that I find it hard to believe that *anyone* or hell *anything* would actually marry BPD.

Alright, yes, I AM still a bit bitter (just a tad) that Octavian never geek married us back when he had the chance. But that is water over a tuba at this point I guess...

Good luck I guess.

*sob*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
I find it hard to believe that I am the only one here who is honest enough to note that I find it hard to believe that *anyone* or hell *anything* would actually marry BPD.

She's a gamer (role, board, miniature, and video) too

Quote:
Alright, yes, I AM still a bit bitter (just a tad) that Octavian never geek married us back when he had the chance. But that is water over a tuba at this point I guess...

Good luck I guess.

*sob*

It wouldn't have worked, Van. We both know it. You simply love Euros too much. I... I couldn't be around that. Not for long, and I didn't want to feel the hurt again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
my high school sweetheart.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have finished high school. It's possible that things would have worked out better for me, huh?

Nah. Fuck school! It was the 60's.... man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

She's a gamer (role, board, miniature, and video) too

Quote:

Good luck I guess.

*sob*

It wouldn't have worked, Van. We both know it. You simply love Euros too much. I... I couldn't be around that. Not for long, and I didn't want to feel the hurt again

cry

well, tis better to have never loved and lived than to live and never loved.

Damn Titan fumes.

ps - congrats. I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Quote:
my high school sweetheart.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have finished high school. It's possible that things would have worked out better for me, huh?

Nah. Fuck school! It was the 60's.... man.

You dumb hick hippy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Dan! You have been much more productive than I have...

I was supposed to write a couple dozen pages of fiction, beat about five video games, read a Tale of Two Cities, Last of the Amazons and finish The Shadow of the Torturer as well as make a set of chizikunbo for martial arts. Oh, and sign up for all my classes next semester after having a class dropped that screwed up my entire schedule...and tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out and I have to prepare a talk for my former high school and I only have like a week left!

Sorry for the rant, god to get that off my chest. Good luck!

Edit: Ohhhh yeah! And the most important thing I was going to do: apply for summer internships! Whoops, blocked that out. Guess how much I've done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Wow so much good news flying around here lately. It would make me feel all warm and cuddly inside if I wasn't so darned heartless and evil.

What? I thought you all new that about me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
I was supposed to write a couple dozen pages of fiction, beat about five video games, read a Tale of Two Cities, Last of the Amazons and finish The Shadow of the Torturer as well as make a set of chizikunbo for martial arts. Oh, and sign up for all my classes next semester after having a class dropped that screwed up my entire schedule...and tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out and I have to prepare a talk for my former high school and I only have like a week left!

If it makes you feel better I have a teaching certification exam Sat. I haven't studied for, 3 books what need reading, half a book what needs translating, and I have worked 1.5 days. I also need to schedule my independent study class. And I've only played like 5 hours of Team Fortress II, and none of HalfLife 2

But I'm engaged, which means all these things are her problem now.

Good luck on all your things! Especially the wisdom teeth thing. At least you get lots of drugs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Rukasu wrote:

If it makes you feel better I have a teaching certification exam Sat. I haven't studied for, 3 books what need reading, half a book what needs translating, and I have worked 1.5 days. I also need to schedule my independent study class. And I've only played like 5 hours of Team Fortress II, and none of HalfLife 2

But I'm engaged, which means all these things are her problem now.

Good luck on all your things! Especially the wisdom teeth thing. At least you get lots of drugs?

Thanks, congrats again on your engagement. Exciting times, may you have a long and happy life together! And yeah, I figure I'll be rolling in the painkillers for a day or two, which should be an interesting experience.

I do love video games, but the older I get the better they have to be to interest me. And besides, it goes in phases. Board games for a couple of months, then video games, then board games, maybe a fling with a CCG etc. Ah, the fickleness of material desires. Good for escaping, but not for living.

Anyway, I really need to beat Half Life 2. I think I had just completed some boating part near the beginning of the game...it kind of makes me nauseous after a while, as Valve uses a weird viewing aspect ratio or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.