T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some ideas for finding a happy medium between the "Touring Exhibit", which I find a bit overwhelming and overly difficult, and the "Permanent Exhibit", in which the Pharaoh cards tend to get lost. The idea is to have a wide variety of incidents from the main game and any other expansions you choose to include, while providing a cohesive "Dark Pharaoh" atmosphere.

- Separate the DP cards from the Arkham location decks. Shuffle the DPs and choose one card at random from each deck to set aside. Shuffle the rest into the regular location decks, then place the DP card you set aside on top. This ensures that the first card drawn at each location will be one of the Dark Pharaoh cards. After that, the cards will come from any of the expansions you've included, which I find keeps things fairly fresh.

- USE THE DARK PHARAOH HERALD- This is absolutely necessary. Download it at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/images/darkpharaohbig.jpg. YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THE KING IN YELLOW EXPANSION TO USE THE HERALD. If you don't know how the heralds work, don't worry. You just put him next to the GOO and follow the instructions on the card.

- Use Nyarlathotep as the GOO. Well, you don't have to. But you probably should, at least the first time you use this expansion.

- Make sure that the investigators' random starting spells are DP cards.

- Find and set aside the Dark Pharaoh Mask monster. He'll be first monster to appear at an open gate.

And that's it, really. Nothing too fancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
bohemian wrote:

- USE THE DARK PHARAOH HERALD- This is absolutely necessary. Download it here or at the Fantasy Flight website.

I can't seem to find it on either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be found here. (It took me a bit of poking around.)

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/images/darkpharaohbig.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
bohemian wrote:

- USE THE DARK PHARAOH HERALD- This is absolutely necessary. Download it here or at the Fantasy Flight website.

I can't seem to find it on either.

Huh. I'm sure that it used to be in files section on BGG. I've changed the post to reflect the address. Thanks for finding that, Beisaic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it on
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Arkham_Horror/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.