Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From here (image and translation coutesy of Luca)

and here

We can piece together some of the character abilities.
If anyone can add to this partial list, please do.

As I remember, players receive at least 1 character card at the beginning of the game and their power is useable the entire game. Maybe it was that you get 3 cards, and must choose 1?
Either way, these look fun so far:

Sculptor -
At the end of each year, you get 1 Stone. When you build, you may use Stone as if it was Gold.

Carpenter -
At the end of each year, you get 1 Wood. When you build, you may use Wood as if it was Gold.

Princess --
begin the game with the "Staff of the King", worth 1 gold and 1 VP.
Also in Phase 1 of the first year, only you receive the Aid of the King.

Crook --
You can use the +2 chips as +1 or +3.

Paladin --
If you lose a battle, you can discard this card rather than suffer the damage caused by the defeat.
If at the end of the game you still have this card, you get 3 VP.

Prince --
In any production season, if the total of your dice +8 or not, you can turn the three colored cubes in 3, 4, 6 these.. (snip)

Priest --
When rolling a white die, if it is a 1 or 2, get 1 VP.
In any production season, before (it tirino nuts), you can invoke divine (bendezione)... (snip)

Fairy -
During each Summer, you roll one extra white die.
(from image posted 1/22)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
Prince --
In any production season, if the total of your dice +8 or not, you can turn the three colored cubes in 3, 4, 6 these.. (snip)

I believe this should be something like, In any productive season, if the total of your dice is 8 or less, you can change your colored dice to have the values 3, 4, and 6. (additional text follows)

reapersaurus wrote:
Priest --
When rolling a white die, if it is a 1 or 2, get 1 VP.
In any production season, before (it tirino nuts), you can invoke divine (bendezione)... (snip)

In any productive season, before rolling your dice, you can invoke divine benediction... (the rest of the text is covered in the image, presumably it explains what divine benediction does)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
reapersaurus wrote:

Later, man. Later (as in "during the next days"... do not check the website every hour ).

reapersaurus wrote:
As I remember, players receive at least 1 character card at the beginning of the game and their power is useable the entire game. Maybe it was that you get 3 cards, and must choose 1?

Yes.
There's an alternative way for those who will think some characters are stronger than others and prefer thier games not affected by luck-of-the-initial-deal (auction N+1 characters, all known since the first auction, bidding with VPs; N = number of players, the remaining one is discarded).

reapersaurus wrote:
Princess --
begin the game with the "Staff of the King", worth 1 gold and 1 VP.
Also in Phase 1 of the first year, only you receive the Aid of the King.

"Staff of the King" is the Envoy (I think it is called so in English): the violet pawn usually assigned during Phase 5 of each year.

Faranim wrote:
In any productive season, before rolling your dice, you can invoke divine benediction... (the rest of the text is covered in the image, presumably it explains what divine benediction does)

Of course it does.
Now, I'll keep my secrets for a little more, if you do not mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
reapersaurus wrote:

Later, man. Later (as in "during the next days"... do not check the website every hour ).
Sweet.

Quote:
reapersaurus wrote:

Yes.
There's an alternative way for those who will think some characters are stronger than others and prefer thier games not affected by luck-of-the-initial-deal (auction N+1 characters, all known since the first auction, bidding with VPs; N = number of players, the remaining one is discarded).
Wow - you guys really have thought thru this whole expansion, huh?
It is very impressive to me to have designers so tuned into their audience that they publish alternative rules that mitigate criticism from a minority of their potential audience even before it has been released. thumbsup

Quote:
Faranim wrote:

Of course it does.
Now, I'll keep my secrets for a little more, if you do not mind...
[/q]Luca - thank you (and Andrea) so much for showing other game designers the (IMO) right way to communicate with their audience. thumbsup thumbsup

It seems like most game companies seem to think that information shared/discussed with their customers is information lost, or a mistake, or a burden, or all of the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:
reapersaurus wrote:

Sweet.

For today, you may look at a bit from another module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
reapersaurus wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:
reapersaurus wrote:

Sweet.

For today, you may look at a bit from another module.
Great to hear more details about this expansion!

I added an observation and question to the image page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for adding the Fairy card and translation, Luca.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
So am I understanding the Princess correctly? According to Luca's translation, she will receive a bonus white die, 1 VP, one gold, and the Staff of the King (Envoy) by the 1st Spring phase? This will give her quite an advantage in the early game. By using the envoy in the 1st Spring to build 2 buildings, she has a good chance to keep ahead of the other players in the build count and lock in 5 extra VP (from the 3rd phase reward). That's a pretty nice start position for a spoiled brat

Kudos to Andrea and Luca for posting spoilers. I am really excited to see this expansion and think it will compliment the game greatly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I saw it in one picture here on bgg, I believe we can share the

Politician

In every productive season, you can play your influence dice on this card too.

5 [one good at choice] OR [two “+2” tokens]

10 [one good at choice] PLUS [one “+2” token] AND 1 VP

In other words, if you are a Politician you may be less interested in hiring soldiers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
So am I understanding the Princess correctly?

You are.

One of my skillful and trusted playetesters once commented how (in his opinion) her greatest power was denying the Help of the King to the other players; it can really hurt not having that extra resource at the beginning!

However she gets all NOW and then does nothing else (while other characters who are more helpful during the whole game)... it's up to you to choose if that style suits you (a-la "Dark Ritual", for old Magic players ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the confirmation!

Definitely the denial and bonuses upfront can throw off someone's game

What's also interesting to note is that all her power comes at the beginning of the game, as you said, but all that power is also guaranteed. Some of the other preview powers depend on specific circumstances to gain their effect. This can railroad you into certain strategies if you want to gain the power's maximum effect. I think what I like about the Princess is that she offers you total freedom to do whatever strategy you want as well as giving you a nice jumpstart to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.