Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm about ready to give up.

I used to be able to log in tho the game manager, but no text would display in the default Chat field or in any channel. I couldn't say for sure about /tells, but I have a feeling they were borked too.

And games I have been to 100 times stopped loading.

So I uninstalled/reinstalled, and now the bastard won't even launch the client.

And the support forums are in German.Which makes sense, but is no help at the minute.

I updated Java Runtime to version 6 update 11. Are they not up to that update with their compatibility?

Pile of monkeydung. First day off I had in a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried it, and had no problem. Helpful, huh?

I have Java 1.6.0_11-b03 on Windows Server 2008.

Sorry you're having problems. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, reinstalled AGAIN

Can get to the game manager and to towns
Can input commands
Cannot read anyy textfields for output,Tells, Chat, Channels. Nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another non-helpful reply: tried rebooting? Nuking your prop file? Tried the browser version? I feel your pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What operating system are you using? Have you got other (open-source) Javas installed? This sounds similar to a problem I had on Linux, where there was another Java runtime environment installed. It was a simple matter of changing the default JRE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Win XP SP3
Firefox 2.0.0.20

only Java 6 JRE's are installed, updates 2,3,5,7, and 11.

Just re downloaded the BSW install client today.

The uninstall/reinstall ought to have blown out the prop file, especially when it installed in a different hard drive file this go-around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using the BSW client, your browser is irrelevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried connecting with JRE build 1.6.0_06-b02, no problems. Sorry I can't help, I don't know much about Windows any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J.
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redbeardin84 wrote:
I updated Java Runtime to version 6 update 11. Are they not up to that update with their compatibility?

There are more people having problems with that specific update when trying to play on BSW. In version 5 there was an update that had similar troubles and was corrected by a newer version. So it's not that BSW is not compatible, it could be Java's fault as well. Anyway, inthe meanteam you could install update 10.

Gloppy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! It's good to know I'm not on my own over here, at least

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.